Bots on our server

Jefke

I know we allready got those gamenights to get the server populated and they probably work, but I'm kind of impatient ^^

So I will be running around on the server like a brainless moron every time I got some spare time (and if I'm "in the mood" for it XD)

but it's kind of stupid (even brainless moron do understand this ^^) to run around on an empty server

So I used my epic google skills: 'tf bots'

result: http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Bots (love that wiki for crafting stuff).

I read the whole thing and filtered what I think is the important stuff for the server:

- Bots are currently usable on: They work out-of-the-box for most official King of the Hill (KotH) maps (other than both koth_harvest variants), payload (PL) maps, and cp_dustbowl (CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE MAPS), you can use bots on other maps but you have to enable cheats then.

-We need the AL bots (the others are just puppets => fun to mess around with but useless)

-A server moderator have to add them with this command: tf_bot_add [<count>] [<class>] [<team>] [<difficulty>]

[count]: amount of bots to add

[classe]: which class the bots you spawn have: Demoman, Engineer, HeavyWeapons, Medic, Pyro, Scout, Soldier, Sniper, or Spy

[team]: which team they will be added to: red or blue

[difficulty]: which difficulty they have: easy, normal or hard

-To kick the bots you can use: tf_bot_kick <name/all>

-The other commands have their use (everything explained on that wiki)

other usefull link: http://forums.steamp...splay.php?f=818 (sub forum made to discuss tf2 bots)

• Like 2

Krauer and have worked on the server settings etc to fix spawn times. But if i remember correctly he does not want mods on the server (makes sense) so figure out a way it works without mods. Also Personally Bots suck, the AI for them is terrible its not fun to be honest they are that dumb. we'll get populated with game nights.