Getting around school website blocks

Corey

Sooo I started a new university this semester and I brought my laptop to kill some time, but it seems they have blocked anything related to gaming including the F|A forums. xfire/raptr/fantasy baseball also would not work. In order to use the internet I have to sign into a webpage with my school e-mail and password then I am able to browse the internet. I'm not sure if that will change the way proxy servers work and stuff since I don't know much about them. So If there is a simple/safe way for me to use xfire and raptr and browse the forums using my laptop can someone point me that way. Much appreciated!

try out a vpn for surfing anonymously something like yourfreedom or Ultrasurf or vtunnel should do the work...

now for tunneling traffic like Xfire and Stream TRought the vpn just use a tunneling program like proxyfier

(go 127.0.0.1 port 1080 and it will be ready to tunnel the traffic trough any vpn)

i think that should work... since i do that in my college all the time XD

expect i have a paid Vpn in Zweden encripted up to 2048mb but is the very principle theoretically it should work...

also try getting Cocoon addon if you are a Firefox 5.0 user... that should work too ^^

tell me if it worked :D im allways courious about firewalls and that stuff...

(go 127.0.0.1 port 1080 and it will be ready to tunnel the traffic trough any vpn)

tell me if it worked :D im allways courious about firewalls and that stuff...

How to turn off this tunel when i go to 127.0.0.1 port 1080 and later dont wanna use it anymore? Dose it work when i wan to play Wolfenstein?

How to turn off this tunel when i go to 127.0.0.1 port 1080 and later dont wanna use it anymore? Dose it work when i wan to play Wolfenstein?

to turn it off go -> proxy settings -> unmark the box than says 127.0.0.1

as i show off in the attached image

lol u could try it with wolfenstein but expect huge amounts of lag with it XD

i remember i used this method to play vindictus (a game with ip ban for non US or CA players)

ill leave a video that could be usefull ^^

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfer2q_how-to-bypass-vindic

post-1142-0-26630200-1315129627_thumb.jpg