15,6" Full HD scherm, 1920 x 1080

Intel i7-2630 processor

750 GB harddisk 7200RPM

6 GB intern geheugen

Nvidia Geforce GT555 2GB

Azerty keyboard

Full spec

GFX card comparison You can click on each card and scroll down for game FPS's

I'd get the 2nd simply for the better card since I'm guessing this thing is just going to be tethered into the wall for gaming. Plus it's a bit lighter if you must carry it around for something.

Why ASUS? I think it's one of the most problematic modem. But from this list, the second one is better in my oppinion

Almost all my laptops are from asus never had problems with it.

The only problem I ever had with asus was with a mobo (ignited my pc) but they solved it very well (refunded my pc and gave me a better mobo in place)

I wouldn't buy an asus too, although they have quite nice specs for the money, you can't abuse them that well. And bringing it to school every day is abuse. Anyway, laptops which can withstand that are a bit more expensive :P

Anyway, the second. Only because it's lighter. The only disadvantage, is that it doesn't have USB3, but you'll get over it.

Only one remark, for many people WUXGA is a bit too much on a 15" screen, test it in a local computer store if that isn't the case for you :)

I wouldn't buy an asus too, although they have quite nice specs for the money, you can't abuse them that well. And bringing it to school every day is abuse. Anyway, laptops which can withstand that are a bit more expensive :P

Anyway, the second. Only because it's lighter. The only disadvantage, is that it doesn't have USB3, but you'll get over it.

-Which brand will you recommend then?

-It does have usb 3

@1: I would try to find a laptop from a business class serie. Dell Latitude (which I have), HP/Compaq Elitebook, Thinkpad, MacBook Pro, etc. Although I'm not fan of the brand, perhaps a Acer Travelmate. Laptops really break down, fast, if you carry it every day to school, except for business class laptops. Unfortunately, those laptops are pretty much twice as expensive (and then it might be better to buy a new one after 1.5~2 years). However, I have never regret my Latitude D430. Although it was annoying when people start calling it a netbook :P

@2: I must be blind :P

@1: I would try to find a laptop from a business class serie. Dell Latitude (which I have), HP/Compaq Elitebook, Thinkpad, MacBook Pro, etc. Although I'm not fan of the brand, perhaps a Acer Travelmate. Laptops really break down, fast, if you carry it every day to school, except for business class laptops. Unfortunately, those laptops are pretty much twice as expensive (and then it might be better to buy a new one after 1.5~2 years). However, I have never regret my Latitude D430. Although it was annoying when people start calling it a netbook :P

@2: I must be blind :P

I pretty much hate Dell and HP (bad experience with them), I will probably replace it after 2 years or so (like I always do with my informatics stuff)

Bad experience with an Dell Inspiron is a lot different than a bad experience with a Dell Latitude. Anyway, I respect your choise, there are a 'few' brands I hate really hard too. (AMD, ATI, Acer, etc :P)

Bad experience with an Dell Inspiron is a lot different than a bad experience with a Dell Latitude. Anyway, I respect your choise, there are a 'few' brands I hate really hard too. (AMD, ATI, Acer, etc :P)

Don't have a bad experience with the dell hardware, but with the support...

Lol two of the brands you hate, I love (AMD and ATI => pretty much one brand but meh ^^)

Business laptops are optimized for office use not for games, any "so called brands" are very difficult to do any updates and expensive too (experience on HP, Acer and IBM/lenovo) about dell I just heard from users at there is good warrantys but users need to use that too <_ .>

I would look model where u can update graphics card and/or prosessor to extend life time from 1 year to 2-3years, depending what else game played than et. With et there is no big requirements cause it uses old game engine which can use only one core and graphics are not so demanding (surely good graph card helps but not so much alike new games). High end game laptops are running dam hot.

Asus is not maybe best but there is bretty good quality and price correlation, there is also fex samsung some models where userability is bretty good. And some models u can use external screen for getting 1920 X 1080 or more to get bigger screen eaven laptop has smaller one. Surely there is many other brands specially for gaming but usually those are way too expensive for hobby player (can buy on that price very high end desktop pc).

Just my humble cents on issue ;)

But on question of those 2 models -> 2:nd option

Masa_1964