Im getting a new mouse.

SilentMan

For gaming I would recommend a wired mouse over a wireless. Wired = No Lag/Delay/Interference. I've never owned a wireless gaming mouse, so I can't speak from experience, but my brother has used a bluetooth connected mouse (Razer Imperator?) and complained about lag in the connection.

Right now I have a Logitech G500 and a R.A.T. 7. I must say I really like the RAT, but I prefer the overall feel of the G500.

There are so many to choose from its hard to recommend one. I'd suggest going to your local Best Buy or other retailer and getting hands on with a few to find which one feels best to you. Then order it from Amazon or NewEgg. (Its usually a lot cheaper)

For gaming I would recommend a wired mouse over a wireless. Wired = No Lag/Delay/Interference. I've never owned a wireless gaming mouse, so I can't speak from experience, but my brother has used a bluetooth connected mouse (Razer Imperator?) and complained about lag in the connection.

Right now I have a Logitech G500 and a R.A.T. 7. I must say I really like the RAT, but I prefer the overall feel of the G500.

There are so many to choose from its hard to recommend one. I'd suggest going to your local Best Buy or other retailer and getting hands on with a few to find which one feels best to you. Then order it from Amazon or NewEgg. (Its usually a lot cheaper)

You have a R.A.T.??? I hate you lol. That is the god of all mice. That's the mouse I wanted, but was a little out of my price range, so I settled with a Logitech G9x, which although wired, is within the price range of what Silentman wants ($50 at newegg), offers adjustable 5700 dpi, fully customizable, and even comes with 2 grips, and a set of weights.

It's definitely not a purchase I regret making. I'm very happy with its performance so far.

You have a R.A.T.??? I hate you lol. That is the god of all mice.

Yeah, it is pretty sweet. Thing is I've been using my G500 so long that i've gotten used to a larger mouse feel. The RAT is quite a bit thinner (or shorter?) than the G500 I have, and although you can customize pretty much everything on it, I can't really get the thicker/taller feel to it that I like. Its more of a "claw" type mouse rather than a palm type mouse. Don't get me wrong though: Its still freakin' awesome. :)

If your looking into mice I would go for a wired mouse. They have a better response rate unless you go for the higher end models like the Razer mamba which can be wired or wireless. The price is 129.99 so it is way above 60 dollars.

A couple of good mice I can suggest are the MX518 and the Deathadder. They are reasonably priced and they perform excellent.

Deathadder

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153055

DPI: 450, 900, 1800, 3500

Connection: Wired

Buttons: 5 Button

Polling Rate: 125(8 ms), 500(2 ms), 1000(1 ms)

Logitech MX518

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104178

Note: I know it says the item is deactivated, but I'm sure you'll be able to find it elsewhere online or in stores(bestbuy, frys, etc.)

DPI: 400-1800

Connection: Wired

Buttons: 8

Polling Rate: 125(8 Mms) Can be overclocked to 500 or 1000, but 1000 tends to be unstable.

If you choose to go with wireless then I could recommend logitech since I've had past experience with their line of wireless mice. They offer a wide variety of solid mice and are very well priced as well.

Good Luck with your decision

IF it's for GAMING ... then yeah WIRED is a must, wireless might seem like a good idea, no wire to get in your way, but you'll have the LAG issues the others mention.

I bought an steelseries Ikari E31348.jpg (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826249020), $85 when I got it

... very highly rated, highly recommended by 'experts', sure a bit overpriced but it was "made by PRO gamers FOR Pro Gamers" ... and then I got it, and hated everything about it, returned it within a week. A mouse is very personal in some ways, it either feels right for YOU or it doesn't and you'll hate it.

So now I just bought this one ... should arrive today.

$(KGrHqUOKi0E3G+DF3EfBN6CLPhS-Q~~_12.JPG

it was only $25 last week when I order it http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330572478026 ebay guy raised it $10 since ... LOL.

The selling point for me, was the side thumb buttons, are TOP and BOTTOM, not front & back ... fits my style of play and movement better, I hope at least. :)

got your point & i have no plan in buying expensive mouse...i'm more on the economic,practical side lol......but damn....i never knew some mouse could amount $100 plus :blink:

I dont see the need for an expensive mouse unless its really Ergonomic. other than that, i like my $20 HP mouse.

On A LOT of levels I agree with this ... and even then, that steelseries Ikari was VERY Ergonomic, but just didn't feel right for me, the stock HP mouse that came with my desktop felt more comfortable to me ... like I said a mouse can be a personal extension of you, so it's got to feel right.

The reason to get a gaming mouse for me, is the extra buttons for knifing, etc. and the better DPI for increased performance ... but regardless, it still has to FEEL right in your hand or even the BEST and/or MOST EXPENSIVE mouse is meaningless. ;)

like I said a mouse can be a personal extension of you, so it's got to feel right.

........just like when you're buying a new pair of shoe :D s

The reason to get a gaming mouse for me, is the extra buttons for knifing, etc. and the better DPI for increased performance ...

...........agree....these are the same reasons i'm after for a mouse

On A LOT of levels I agree with this ... and even then, that steelseries Ikari was VERY Ergonomic, but just didn't feel right for me, the stock HP mouse that came with my desktop felt more comfortable to me ... like I said a mouse can be a personal extension of you, so it's got to feel right.

The reason to get a gaming mouse for me, is the extra buttons for knifing, etc. and the better DPI for increased performance ... but regardless, it still has to FEEL right in your hand or even the BEST and/or MOST EXPENSIVE mouse is meaningless. ;)

ahh...l just use middle scroll button, scroll down, for knife

More than 3buttom gaming mouse is common in WoW for raiding macros lol. pple also used the numbers on keyboard for macro but i always like clicking better

Edited by General