Laggy Computer Cures

Gotcha

Hey all. Computer laggy? Ping out of control? Here are a couple little solutions I found that work wonders. First, there is a free little product from IObit.com. Game Booster. Even the free version is awsome. What is does is it closes down all those background processes that are not needed while you game. Give it a shot, you likely will not be disappointed.

Next, from the same company, get yourself Advanced System Care 4. Again, a great product, even the free version. Full of system care tools that will get your 'puter running at great speeds. The Pro version-which I recommend-is very cheap and well worth every penny.

Finally, another great product-and free-is CCleaner. You can pick it up at Cnet.com. Yet another great product that cleans the machine and makes for a better gaming experience.

Good luck all, happy gaming and hope to frag your tail later!:yahoo

This guy should be a spambot.

CCleaner is a good product, but I've spoked with a few people who have deleted things they shouldn't have.

Spambot? Goodness friend, names? :blink: Wow. :hmm Just tryin to help others and us all in general so we have a better experience. One laggy computer can mess it up for us all. Anyway, CCleaner is good but you have to be careful with what you choose to clean. You can remove things you may not want to. But, that's what the instructions are for in the program.

Haha. I'm just kidding man. The way you wrote that first post made me think of a spambot advertisement. In all seriousness thanks for the heads up. I've never used these programs with exception to CCleaner but I'll be sure to give them a look in the future. Hopefully this will help someone else having a problems with a slow computer.

Personally I just opt to reinstall Windows every 6-12 months. Seems to do a pretty good job of keeping things quick although it certainly isn't the best choice for everyone. :cheers

Haha. I'm just kidding man. The way you wrote that first post made me think of a spambot advertisement. In all seriousness thanks for the heads up. I've never used these programs with exception to CCleaner but I'll be sure to give them a look in the future. Hopefully this will help someone else having a problems with a slow computer.

Personally I just opt to reinstall Windows every 6-12 months. Seems to do a pretty good job of keeping things quick although it certainly isn't the best choice for everyone. :cheers

Yea, I knew that Brother. Just ribbin ya back. Good idea on the OS re-install. I never thought of that! THanx!

Advance system care 4 and Ccleaner both work fine and are somewhat helpful ..However yes they will delete saved passwords and old files ..You have to read before clicking buttons

These two programs alone aren't much help for getting better gamming

If you are running Windows 7 Go to start, Search Type Processes click on the runnning processes in task manger ..Look at the amount of processes runnning and see if there is ones you don't want running MSN, Advance systemcare and shut down process ....stay clear of windows programs leave them running Don't delete or close something you don't know what it is

Defrag your harddrive ...Cleanning and compressing your harddrive helps if you deleted programs and files pics, songs and your computer may run abit faster

Laptops need this alot with smaller HD

Do you run a video card? Do you have fan settings? when was the last time you cleaned the inside of your computer? Running a computer at high temps will cause lag

To see What your computer has for a system and how hot your computer runs download speccy its a free app and safe to use Tells you everything about whats installed on your computer in detail and the current temps of your GPU CPU and Harddrive

Also having a upgraded computer helps aswell

Forget about game booster programs its just another unwanted process that runs while you play and takes up space I used it once and did a test before and after .. not worth it

you can also do a speedtest to see your ping upload and download speeds

Save your photos on websites ..IE facebook, hotmail, photobucket, or CD Memorystick etc ..and delete them on your HD muisc unused files programs

I run on ET about a AVG 55 ping

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Defrag the HD and basic computer maintenance is great. Also a good firewall and proper security settings help keep the unwanted malware at bay.

There is also a prog called atf cleaner, it will easy clean your java cache which I find of late to collect maleware that some av and spyware progs miss.... had a problem once the this did the trick, it's clean and free to use.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess my PC is in too good of a shape (core2quad Q9550 Yorkfield, NVIDIA GeForce 450GTS, 4GB RAM that BIOS says is sadly running at 400MHz, and 500GB SATA 7200RPM.) I use all the above programs, minus a few, but all the IOBIT programs, and CCleaner seems to be the only thing doing any good. Defrags, whether by the included winXP stuff, or by a program, ussualy doesnt do anything. It is also good to keep your HDD clear, like with a lot of free space. A near-full PC will kill your speed.