Any runners out there?

AJB77

I'm not sure how many of you enjoy running. I do. It's form of sanity for me. Anyway, if you are, you have got to check out this race. It's called the "Spartan Race". It's based on the movie 300, and some of the training routine's the actors went through. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGij4JkEiKU

I'm running this race with some friends from work, and I can't wait. If this looks interesting, or even if it's not, I'd love to hear what you think. And if there is a race you have done and loved, I'd love to hear that too. Cheers!

Looks awesome! I'd totally do it... after working out/training a bit lol..

Wouldn't be cool if we could use the Extreme Condition perk in real life....

+1, that looks funny, but it must be a great adventure! (What's the prize?)

Some people enter competitively. Not me. It's just for fun. Kind of a "I bet I can do that" sort of thing. Those that do enter competitively win some money - I'm not sure how much. But on the bright side, all those that enter (who are 21 +) get a free beer from a local brewery, so that's good I guess. Nothing like guzzling alcohol after a brutal 8 mile obstacle course. Needless to say, I will skip the alcohol, due to an adversity to puking my guts out unnecessarily. :mellow:

I got into running this summer... the farthest I've gone in one go is 5mi :)... so far i've run a total of 50 mi this summer. this looks like a blast.. thanks for sharing.

• 1 month later...

I run roughly 20 miles a week. Don't much care for biking. Next year I am set for the Warrior Dash and Tough Mudder races. Tough Mudder if you are not familiar with it is a 7 mile course designed by Brithish Special Forces. It will F you up lol.