My Engine Cover

Achiyan

9 members have voted

1. 1. Is it nice....or is it nice?

• Dislike
    • Your engine bay is dirty

thanks guys

loooks cool...but your engine will run cooler without it on, especially if you have any performance mods.

nah, no mods yet. i was gonna start stackin change for a top swap with an 2004-05 SS motor and transmission, and then go from there :/ but i hit one of those trash cans with the little tan, brown, and cream colored rocks plastered to the side of them (like the ones at McDonalds :/ ) and scraped the shit outta my left side :cry and left a few dents :( . so instead imma just save for a whole new paint job (prolly all black, ionno yet.), body kit, lowering springs, and strut bars. get those out the way first.

i love the factory green that the car is now but i know that if i get it painted the 'same' color, it'd never actually be the same green. factory coats are never 'factory' and always darker than what you wanted.

Not bad, but why not just swap the whole entire engine, instead of going through the hassle of a top end swap? Those engines are easy to come by now.

While you're at it, make sure the gearing in your trans is the best available, I know some W bodies, and GM cars in general, offered identical engines, with different outputs, and identical transmissions, with different gearing, all depending on year, or model it was installed in.

And you're better off going with an L32 instead of the L67 that came in the 04-05 Montes..

The L32 is an identical block, it's also supercharged, but has higher compression, better heads, electronic throttle, newer supercharger, and I think I'm forgetting something else...

It's rated at 260hp, vs 240hp for the L67.

• 1 month later...

Not bad, but why not just swap the whole entire engine, instead of going through the hassle of a top end swap? Those engines are easy to come by now.

While you're at it, make sure the gearing in your trans is the best available, I know some W bodies, and GM cars in general, offered identical engines, with different outputs, and identical transmissions, with different gearing, all depending on year, or model it was installed in.

And you're better off going with an L32 instead of the L67 that came in the 04-05 Montes..The L32 is an identical block, it's also supercharged, but has higher compression, better heads, electronic throttle, newer supercharger, and I think I'm forgetting something else...

It's rated at 260hp, vs 240hp for the L67.

yeah, i know this. i just failed to mention SS Impalas. i just said SS in general :P thanks for the input tho. you seem quite knowledgeable on many subjects :D