I want to snipe!

i had this problem too... i had to set sprint back to shift in my config for sniping, and have it set to mouse2 for normal play

ive found that any other button causes your scope to flash making it very difficult to snipe.

if u use a config, make a new .cfg file called sniper.cfg

when u want to snipe exec it

in the cfg put this

unbind MOUSE2
unbind SHIFT
bind MOUSE2 "weapalt"
bind SHIFT "+sprint"

for normal play, exec your cfg file that binds MOUSE2 to sprint

ive found that any other button causes your scope to flash making it very difficult to snipe

Because I had the money to buy a G5 mouse, i didn't have this prob. Just have Mouse1 atk, Mouse2 crouch, and Mouse 4 +weapalt (i dont know the Jaymod equivalent of that). I would suggest using Mouse2 as crouch, but that's just a personal (but widely agreed upon) preference. :)

Because I had the money to buy a G5 mouse, i didn't have this prob. Just have Mouse1 atk, Mouse2 crouch, and Mouse 4 +weapalt (i dont know the Jaymod equivalent of that). I would suggest using Mouse2 as crouch, but that's just a personal (but widely agreed upon) preference. :)

I also have the G5 now. Years ago I would go through a mouse every few months as I would wear them out playing ET. Started using the center wheel to scope, then that would break and would have to use mouse2. I'd break that button, and end up using the side thumb button (LMFAO I've even used mouse 2 to fire after breaking mouse1). It would always take me a day to get used to using a dif button to scope. When I ran outta buttons I'd have to drag my ass away from ET to the store and get a new one. Back then I'd train all day (or play our etpro campaign pub), play 2 scrims at least, and an official match several times a week. I didn't upgrade to the G5 until about a year ago (as I no longer play like I did and wouldn't wear it out like I used to with others, although I do have a brand new one in my closet waiting for this one to eventually break). Before that I used regular wireless laser logitecs or even microsoft optical wireless (G5 is my first corded mouse in a very long time lol).

Anyway, after all is said and done I prefer to use the side thumb button for scoping on the G5 and its what I always use nowadays. It just seems easier and faster to use. I now actually never use mouse 2 any longer. As far as sprint/crouch goes I use this keyboard: http://www.steelseries.com/us/products/ ... nformation

I like the zboard as the buttons just make everything so much easier than a regular keyboard. Unlike the dozen or so mice, I have only gone through 2 of them so far in ET lol.

I also like Mouse4 for scope since Mouse3 is kinda hard to press constantly and it wears out fast. Mouse5 is /kill :)

As for my keyboard, I'm still working on the cash to get a good one lol

Suicidal one question. When you snipe and get shot at first and all of a sudden your screen jumps up should you get out of scope or try and quickly get back and pull down on mouse to snipe.

Suicidal one question. When you snipe and get shot at first and all of a sudden your screen jumps up should you get out of scope or try and quickly get back and pull down on mouse to snipe.

Are you refering to knockback? if so the key is to ignore it. Your aimsight doesnt move game engine wise as knockback is a visual effect only (like the bob in the game) at least from what I can tell. If that doesn't work practice a fast draw, then when in a firefight u shoot, dodge, shoot, etc all at a high rate of speed.

:thanks I tried sniping your method a few times but would get irritated by the knockback and give up sniping until lvl 5 covert achieved.

I find Suicidal's style to be very effective, and although I'm nowhere near his lvl, im still starting to rake in those sniper kills; and not only on Jaymod and ETPub servers, but on ETPro aswell.

armtheinsane I'm COLD TURKEY, always have been with Enemy territory on for a month or two, off for a month or two. Just working and trying to improve my basketball skills I just joined a summer league, and I am probably the shittiest player there. Need lots of practice and about 30 pounds to lose lol.