1.6 to 1.7

metal_scum

• Administrators

Give this a shot:

1. Make sure you have enough hdd space as this will take approximatly 6.4 gigs of hdd space.

2. If you have a partitioned hdd i recomend puting the copy you are about to make on another hdd partition. but it is not mandatory you do so.

3. Now go to your directory where your cod4 is installed ie; c:programfilesactivisioncall of duty 4-modern warfare. "default".

4. Select the call of duty4-modern warfare folder then right click and copy.

in the same window "if your not installing on another partition" paste the folder.Now you should have 2 call of duty4-modern warfare folders.

5. Now rename the copied call of duty 4-modern warfare folder to 1.7.

6. Now open the new folder named 1.7 and look for a green icon with a star in it with a 4 in the lower right hand corner named "iw3mp" select this icon and send to desktop, and rename 1.7.

7. Now if you havent downloaded the patch now is the time.

8. Install the patch to the 1.7 folder directory ie;c:program filesactivision1.7 "default"

9. Now the icon on your desktop named 1.7 will get you into the 1.7 servers and you can open your cod4 1.6 the way you normaly do.

Make sure you take back up of your profile since rank is stored on local PC inside your profile.

Try this one too: http://www.mcgamers.com/index.php?actio ... opic=951.0

• Administrators
ah always helpful thanks dare

Let me know if it works or not. I haven't tried it yet. But i was about to do it since someone asked me to fix their cod 4 server and i was not able to test it after i fixed it.. since it was on 1.7.

• Administrators
Heres a ? Why are we still running the 1.6 patch on the server anyway?

Because we all play on 1.6? Don't tell me u knew from 1.7 that F|A TDM KILL BOX exist on 1.6 and u registered on forums. ;)

killbox was one of the first servers I played when I started playing cod4 online. I actually installed the patch, but missed the server sooo much that I reinstalled cod just to go back to 1.6.... I was just wondering why we were lingering on the 1.6 patch instead of moving up to 1.7. I'm not really knocking it, since I love playing against most of the people that hang out there.

I think we need to go to 1.7 lots of people on there now! I am showing more than 15500 servers!

isn't that why we are using 1.6 because the lack of people on 1.7? Not the case anymore. :D

ah always helpful thanks dare

Let me know if it works or not. I haven't tried it yet. But i was about to do it since someone asked me to fix their cod 4 server and i was not able to test it after i fixed it.. since it was on 1.7.

I just tried it and it works, the downside is your XP does not seem to update between the two installs.

• Administrators

You mean with 2 installs it doesn't update in both? or it only updates in one or it updates in both with respect to time played in each?

If you are playing the 1.6 version, you gain Xp in only the 1.6 version. If you are playing in the 1.7 version you only get XP for that version. I have only had the game one day so I don't know for sure what the other differences may be, but that is what I noticed right away. It appears my slot 2 weapon setup went from 1.6 to 1.7, but I don't remeber if i set up that weapon before i copied the folders and I'm too tired to try it again tonight.

1.6 screenie

16.jpg

1.7 screenie

17.jpg