Demo replay problem

Antichrist

I know how to record demos, stop demos, and where to locate demos to upload them.

I can't REPLAY them myself.

When I open ET, if I click REPLAYS, a new menu opens, but this menu is empty.

I was told I have to click MODS first, select the mod the demo was recorded in, then go into REPLAYS.

When I click MODS, the ET song stops, and the screen dims as if a new menu is going to open, then the screen brightens, and the ET song starts over again with the main ET menu on the left side. So it basically does nothing.

I've tried pasting the demo in my Jaymod, EtPub etc.. folders, and it still doesn't appear in the menu....

Any ideas?

I was told I have to click MODS first, select the mod the demo was recorded in, then go into REPLAYS.

When I click MODS, the ET song stops, and the screen dims as if a new menu is going to open, then the screen brightens, and the ET song starts over again with the main ET menu on the left side. So it basically does nothing.

click the mod and try to play the demo. if you click the mod, ET is doing nothing else as loading the mod. there is no different look if you have not modified .PK3 files (only able to speak about jaymod)

you can't play .dm_82 demos from 2.60b patch, you have to convert them to .dm_84

he is vice versa here.

Also,about the brightness change,it is caused by ur .cfg but ur nubie in these things anti :D !haha

@crasher rename the extenion of the demo to the appropriate one,2.55 version of et uses dm_82,2.6b uses dm_84.

lol it's not my cfg Jorz... When I click MODS it acts like its going to open a new window in options, but it acts like theres no new menu to go to, and goes back to main...

version is ET 2.55

lol it's not my cfg Jorz... When I click MODS it acts like its going to open a new window in options, but it acts like theres no new menu to go to, and goes back to main...

version is ET 2.55

download medic's fa menu and u will always get the same menu with all the fa servers,except when u are on silent.i cant post link mob interwebz sucks,use the search function.

You can dl .6 and .6b patch from our forum too.

@ohurcool i meant anti is vice versa

Jorz I've had the FA menu for months :)

Ok patched, files renamed, and demos play on the etpub mod. My jaymod version was a mismatch or something.... so I just moved all files to my etpub folder.

And demos don't record console??

version is ET 2.55

download medic's fa menu and u will always get the same menu with all the fa servers,except when u are on silent.i cant post link mob interwebz sucks,use the search function.

You can dl .6 and .6b patch from our forum too.

Edit:if you get nothing when you click mods,then connect to hardcore to get to etpub mod and then disconnect,then click demos and u will see ur etpub demos.

@ohurcool i meant anti is vice versa