Rift

Duckie

The game is very well made and looks fantastic. The graphics are the best Ive seen in an mmo. But if your planning on playing pvp I wouldn't try it out until they balance the different callings. Right now its stupid. Mages are worthless, rogues are gimp, and warriors are behemoths. Literally 1 warrior can take down an entire team. And there is a class called the Saboteur that can 1 shot people. I was planning on pvping when I get max level. But so far I don't like what I see as far as balancing goes and they don't seem to care. So i doubt I will be renewing my sub until they commit to pvp balance.

As far as PVE goes, I have heard that its excellent.

• 2 years later...

Anyone still playing it or start playing it? It went free to play not too long ago. I had to use a lot of vacation time at work and got a character up to level 56 out of 60 on the Seastone shard as a Guardian. I've spent $25 in the game so far to get some much needed functionality like the ability to use the AH and extra bag slots, but it is much less expensive than wow with similar game play. I have no experience with end game raiding or PVP, but it has been fun so far.