Lost Profile

Dixus

uhm i was at level 55. Played some days. This morning I start COD4 and my fav list is empty. And after i connected i saw that i am level 41 and my old config thats more than 1-2 weeks old was there again?

Can someone explain WTF this is? I am confused.

No i didnt install / change anything. I was 55 yesterday. :hmm

• Administrators

I dunno seems odd.. my COD 4 knowledge is limited compared to ET. It seems like a client side issue to me because ranks are stored on client PC. Did you had system restore or anything?

you say that you now are level 41. but how is that possible. I mean yes ok you were 55 and something changed in your profile. but thats weird. Maybe you logged on a different profile? is anyone else other than you using the pc fo this purpose?

nah thats the wierd thing.. i got only 1 profile. all i did is to disable the sucking windows UAC (user account controll).

One profile, didnt change anything.

• Administrators
the thing i cant understand is how he got down to level 41. I mean if he was reduced to 1 i would totally understand it. But... well i dont know you could check troubleshooting or FAQ

All i can think of is for some reason his iw3mp.exe got corrupted or the profile got overwritten by some old value date.

well, do you connect to the server through xfire? sometimes connecting through xfire is somehow different than connecting through your game icon, or desktop icon or whatever. it does that with me. i usually connect to the server through xfire. but if i do it any other way, its probably back to level 4 for me.

• 2 weeks later...

forgot to close this.

If anybody has the same issue..

UAC was the problem. Enabled it stores the profile in the user profile in documents folder. It keeps several versions of the config file.

If you disable UAC, the old version in your cod4 profile folder is used. So i enabled UAC and copied the file into another location. Then disable UAC and copy the profile in your cod4 folder and it works.