need more scientific talk!!

TheDuck

I believe in ghosts/supernatural beings. I lived in a house with a strange presence. I won't go into details but it was enough to convince me that there is more going on in the world than we think.

I believe in science too, I think they are just different ways of explaining reality. Some things can't be explained by an equation.

It's funny, because if you tell someone you believe in ghosts, they either start trying to save your soul, or they try to convince you that you are misguided and require their rational insight to return you to a socially acceptable worldview.

Yes I do. actually now while I'm writing I'm on a little house, my holiday house in the beach and the owner died here. I believe he stills here, because I feel a different presence here. Maybe there isn't a ghost here, but.. I'll trust my instincts.

Glad to see that I am loved... I was just chatting with someone about this.

When I was a kid, I read about a doctor who had weighed people when they died. He found that the body lost about 20 grams at the moment of death.

I never understood how this could happen, being that the soul, if it exists, is non-material, or so it is described in Western theology.

Many Eastern religions describe the soul as an astral body.

Science ascribes our perception of a "soul" to the chemical reactions occurring in our brains.

I know that I can easily shut off my consciousness with alcohol, so I am disinclined to believe that consciousness can survive the death of the brain. But that doesn't mean that there is no component of my being that is capable of surviving my demise.

Perhaps a soul is not something created by a brain, but something that inhabits our brains like a vehicle.

Here is the story of the doctor who weighed people when they died:

http://www.snopes.com/religion/soulweight.asp

I definitely believe in the supernatural. In fact my Grandmother actually sees things. For her it started when she was a young girl she was in a concentration camp (auschwitz) she was about 14 years old she was very sick and near death to the point where they threw her body in with a pile of dead bodies. She says her mother came to her and helped her climb out from the pile and ever since then she sees things from the other side so to speak. It actually freaks me out sometimes the things she knows that she couldn't possibly have guessed.

Glad to see that I am loved... I was just chatting with someone about this.

When I was a kid, I read about a doctor who had weighed people when they died. He found that the body lost about 20 grams at the moment of death.

I never understood how this could happen, being that the soul, if it exists, is non-material, or so it is described in Western theology.

Many Eastern religions describe the soul as an astral body.

Science ascribes our perception of a "soul" to the chemical reactions occurring in our brains.

I know that I can easily shut off my consciousness with alcohol, so I am disinclined to believe that consciousness can survive the death of the brain. But that doesn't mean that there is no component of my being that is capable of surviving my demise.

Perhaps a soul is not something created by a brain, but something that inhabits our brains like a vehicle.

Here is the story of the doctor who weighed people when they died:

http://www.snopes.co.../soulweight.asp

Plato and Socrates have some convincing arguments for the existence of an immortal soul, check out Phaedo written by Plato, about the trial of Socrates.