Shift ingame

Crasher

I would just suggest chaning ur keys to w,a,s,d and take 1 day to get used to using it

LOL his left hand isnt on ijkl, his right hand is on ijkl. His left hand is on his mouse. And asking him to do that is like asking you to do what he is currently doing. A lefted handed persons brain is wired differently than a right hand persons brain.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL his left hand isnt on ijkl, his right hand is on ijkl. His left hand is on his mouse. And asking him to do that is like asking you to do what he is currently doing. A lefted handed persons brain is wired differently than a right hand persons brain.

This. Also I couldn't find where this config was at, Tyrone.

This. Also I couldn't find where this config was at, Tyrone.

go to your et install folder -) jaymod/noquarter/etpub whatever you play,double click and you should find a file called 'autoexec.cfg',open it with windows notepad or whatever u have -)

copy paste the likes tyrone gave you,then go to server and write in console /exec autoexec.cfg

and ur done.

set AT2 "-attack; -sprint"

set AT1 "+attack; +sprint"

bind MOUSE1 "+vstr AT1 AT2"

how to combine that with this?:

seta sensitivity "1.65"

seta atk1 "+attack; sensitivity 1.10 ; "

seta atk2 "-attack; sensitivity 1.65; "

unbind mouse1

bind MOUSE1 "+vstr atk1 atk2"

i tried to add +/-sprint at end of seta atk1 ... it didnt worke (on etpro)

go to your et install folder -) jaymod/noquarter/etpub whatever you play,double click and you should find a file called 'autoexec.cfg',open it with windows notepad or whatever u have -)

copy paste the likes tyrone gave you,then go to server and write in console /exec autoexec.cfg

and ur done.

It said I couldn't execute /exec autoexec.cfg

set AT2 "-attack; -sprint"

set AT1 "+attack; +sprint"

bind MOUSE1 "+vstr AT1 AT2"

When you press "shoot", it uses sprint. That means giving ammo/health, using mines and whatnot, but it really doesn't matter unless you're keeping it pressed down.

stupid lol

How come? I see it as something useful.

You waste way too much stamina that way.. you mentioned ammo/health, but what about when priming nades?

It's better to just "teach" your fingers to always hold down shift when strafing :)

You waste way too much stamina that way.. you mentioned ammo/health, but what about when priming nades?

It's better to just "teach" your fingers to always hold down shift when strafing :)

Anything you do with the "shoot" button uses it, of course. But then again, you could just not move when cooking a nade, or walk.

I'm more comfortable with using auto-sprint than pressing shift.

Anything you do with the "shoot" button uses it, of course. But then again, you could just not move when cooking a nade, or walk.

I'm more comfortable with using auto-sprint than pressing shift.

That's just not practical though... I could think of countless situations in which you need to move while priming a nade.

It's way easier to simply remember to sprint when strafing than to remember to STOP WHILE PRIMING A NADE OR HEALING MYSELF SO I DON'T LOSE MY STAMINA!!!!!!!!!!!111

ET is a game involving nearly constant movement, but I guess people like you who sit on MG's or use the mortar every map wouldn't know that.

I can't shift while straffing, too much to focus on while shooting.

WASD users should always have their left ring finger on their A key and their index finger on their D key. The middle finger alternates between S and W... The pinky should ALWAYS be on the left Shift button. The fingers fit comfortably over all 4/5 of the keys. You're wanting that on the opposite side of the keyboard.

Try setting sprint to your / key and try that, ALWAYS keeping your pinky finger on your / key. It'll be the same setup as WASD just in reverse. And don't tell us you can't do it, it's SO easy. You just have to press a button. If you can't get into the habit of doing this then it's surprising that you can run and shoot at the same time, man. D:

If you do it, your chances of surviving encounters will definitely increase. How little or how much depends on your ability to aim. Another thing, make sure you save your stamina so that you actually have it to use for sprinting in fights.

That's just not practical though... I could think of countless situations in which you need to move while priming a nade.

It's way easier to simply remember to sprint when strafing than to remember to STOP WHILE PRIMING A NADE OR HEALING MYSELF SO I DON'T LOSE MY STAMINA!!!!!!!!!!!111

ET is a game involving nearly constant movement, but I guess people like you who sit on MG's or use the mortar every map wouldn't know that.

I knew you couldn't keep an actual conversation up without having to resort to petty "insults". You did not disappoint in not showing maturity.

It's a matter of preference. Some people like Coke, some Pepsi, I like Fanta.