Black Ops

KARINE

Question

Yesterday I got myself Black Ops...I installed it but it wont run the game :blink: ...my steam works pretty good, but not when I try to run the game...I already added some members on my steam...I have a HP 2009, windows 7...Do I have to buy a graphic card or download something??? I really need help on that...thx

10 answers to this question

Do you know what Graphics card you have? If not, go into "run" or "search" and type "Dxdiag" and you should be able to find it under "Display."

Edit: I wouldn't normally recommend this site, but it will pull up your systems specs for you (The reason why i don't like it is sometimes it will say you can't run it when you can.)

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

Edited by FiveMagic

Adapter info

Chip Type : GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Dac Type: Integrated RAMDAC

Adapter String: Ge Force 6150SE n Force 430

Bios Info: Version 5.61.32.25.2

Total available Graphic memory : 1407 MB

Dedicated video memory: 256 MB

System Video memory : 0 MB

Shared system memory: 1151 MB

unfortunately that won't be able to run the game, but depending on your others specs (Cpu, motherboard) you might be able to throw in a cheaper but better graphics card (I personally am not the best person to ask, just because i am not the most familar with older systems.)

Do you know what model your Hp is? then i could get a better look :)

Edited by FiveMagic

I just did "can you run it" and it says---> Sorry, your computer does not meet the minimum specifications required to run this product. Please review the details below for more information.

-Upgrade Suggested: Unfortunately, your CPU does not meet this requirement.

-Upgrade Suggested: Unfortunately, your Video Card does not meet this requirement.

thx FiveMagic...I think I have to go buy a graphic card :S

unfortunately that won't be able to run the game, but depending on your others specs (Cpu, motherboard) you might be able to throw in a cheaper but better graphics card (I personally am not the best person to ask, just because i am not the most familar with older systems.)

Do you know what model your Hp is? then i could get a better look :)

100 $ to 150 $ top I can put on my graphic card...Im might go to Wal Mart tomorrow or an electronic store in the city

Just remeber when buying a graphics card, it has to be compatible with the rest of the computer. If it's the wrong type/compatibility it could crash your computer (Thats what happened to me, threw in a random one a few years ago and "BUZZ!"

The technology looks old which means finding a match would be difficult, it might be cheaper buying a newer tower, also the tower itself is quite small and it may make it impossible to find a graphics card that will fit. i dunno if you're interested in that idea but i could try and find you a deal?