Ban on Grenade Launchers

KILLERGUN

Hi Guys,

For a long time quite a few guys on the server have been demanding for a ban on nade launchers. Honestly speaking I am in support of the Ban. Daredevil had said that we need to kinda poll and reach an agreement whether or not to ban nade launchers. Please put in your Comments.

• Administrators
I vote for this auto kick thing, but only on Jaymod 1. Jaymod 2 is fine because there is adren.

Wrong section. :D They are talking for F|A TDM KILL BOX = COD 4.

Hmm... Even I had second thoughts... Grenade launcher is a part of the game & it too needs skill to hit properly. So its not like a marty. So i guess we shld not have auto kick or ban for it.

@ Daredevil: I wrote ban by mistake. Meant auto kick. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I know auto-kick for the Nade Launcher has already been added, but just to clarify: Yes, it's part of the game, but doesn't really need skill to use. People were going out on Countdown and launching them across the map, I've seen people pull off airstrikes by 2 nades over there. Just doesn't seem that that is skill. I was in full support of the auto-kick.

• 2 weeks later...

I can see both sides of the argument too. I do have a custom slot set up with a nade launcher that I use to clear those stubborn people from their holes, but I have also seen the nade rain on countdown. I even forgot about the autokick till I hit the launcher once the other day......OOPS!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have wondered why they are set up with the auto-kick option, I would lean more to allowing them. If we are going to base removal/allwoance of items on skill required to use them, why not get rid of the airstrikes? Not that I want airstrikes to go away, but they seem alot more extreme than a grenade launcher.

I have wondered why they are set up with the auto-kick option, I would lean more to allowing them. If we are going to base removal/allwoance of items on skill required to use them, why not get rid of the airstrikes? Not that I want airstrikes to go away, but they seem alot more extreme than a grenade launcher.

There's a difference though. Airstrikes still require the 5 kill streak before you can even use it. Grenade launchers are instant upon spawn.

Also, the grenade launcher is a pain with indoor maps such as Vacant because any player worth half a cent can point a launcher in the direction of a doorway and fire. Airstrike is only useful if they don't have overhead cover.

Only 1 person can call in an airstrike at a time. Everybody can fire off a grenade at once with the launchers.

And finally the speed of a nade launcher is horrendously faster than an airstrike. You get forwarned when an airstrike is coming as well. You get no such warning from a nade launcher except the sight of the rapidly approaching shell that's about to slam into your feet.

There's a difference though. Airstrikes still require the 5 kill streak before you can even use it. Grenade launchers are instant upon spawn.

Also, the grenade launcher is a pain with indoor maps such as Vacant because any player worth half a cent can point a launcher in the direction of a doorway and fire. Airstrike is only useful if they don't have overhead cover.

Only 1 person can call in an airstrike at a time. Everybody can fire off a grenade at once with the launchers.

And finally the speed of a nade launcher is horrendously faster than an airstrike. You get forwarned when an airstrike is coming as well. You get no such warning from a nade launcher except the sight of the rapidly approaching shell that's about to slam into your feet.

As far as the airstrikes go, yes it requires 5 kills, but it could be argued if you can get 5 kills in a row, do you really need a airstirke to kill more players(lol, I know the answer to this, its more of a rhetorical question)? I guess the point I was trying to make about the aristrikes is sometimes its annoying when a person is on a team getting beat pretty bad and it gets compounded by a continous barrage of airstrikes. At that point I wonder why the nade launcher is not useable, as it could give the loosing team a good tool to clear out a room that has 3 or 4 opposing team players stacked in it. It is also useful for removing snipers when they are out of regular nade range.

But, this is going way off point. I can see a legitimate reason to allow the use of the nade launcher, and I can see how it could be annoying like last stand and maryter. It seems to be along the lines of the flame thrower in ET, some hate it and some love it...