supply jump

krAzy :)

• Clan Friend

too easy with dj

i tried them...i managed to do east, but just one time after long trying

i tried 3., shouldnt be that hard, but i still cant make it :/

and i really need to get on a tj map...i havent tried that before

Keep in mind that in all(?) fa servers players speed is slightly higher than standard et speed.

But for jump #3, going too fast is as bad as going too slow, because you have to hit the rock in a particular spot, so it's all about controlling your speed. And also many players don't know how to strafe properly when your speed suddenly drops after you hit the rock.

• Clan Friend

@krazy

I am not a pro jumper, but I recorded a demo with tjmod, so you can see which keys I am pressing and you can watch it in slowmotion.

watch it with tjmod (i made it with 1.6.6)

the mod is here if you don't have it:

http://www.trickjump.me/

the demo goes in tjmod/demos folder

settings used:

pmove_fixed 0, com_maxfps 125, standard et g_speed (320), everything else standard settings

supplyjump.zip

• Clan Friend

keep in mind tjmod is alot easier to just do these jumps than etpro itself.

if you wanna learn to do these do it on a empty etpro server.

and what would be the difference? you mean b_fixedphysics 1 vs 125fps? maybe for gammajumps, yes, but for normal jumps I don't think it's so much different, if you change 'alot' with 'slightly and in a barely noticeable way', then I agree with you.

I recorded with tjmod to show him the keys I was holding, that's all. When I first learned that jump tjmod didn't even exist.

TJMod makes any jump easier, example is when I did a sp_delivery jump on tjmod, the speed, jump distance, everything was different and easy from etpro.

I'm not a nerd at every setting in et, but I can feel the difference between tjmod, and etpro, maybe unlimited fatigue is the problem

*Edit* This is the jump I did on etpro, it was very hard, and I could barely make it:

http://www.xfire.com/video/3805ba/

But on TJmod, I was overjumping this :D

• Clan Friend

TJMod makes any jump easier, example is when I did a sp_delivery jump on tjmod, the speed, jump distance, everything was different and easy from etpro.

I'm not a nerd at every setting in et, but I can feel the difference between tjmod, and etpro, maybe unlimited fatigue is the problem

*Edit* This is the jump I did on etpro, it was very hard, and I could barely make it:

http://www.xfire.com/video/3805ba/

But on TJmod, I was overjumping this :D

gg for your tj skillz, very nice jump, I'd like to learn it, which strafe keys do you use? Since I can't get much info from a video...

p.s.

by overjump you mean overjump where? the 1st stage? I think it also depends on the server settings (gravity, speed, pmove, etpro fixedphysic, nofatigue/adren) even if your stamina will run out only when you reach the rock, so I don't know if it's the critical factor.

I never managed to get up there yet, so I can't tell :P

• Clan Friend

I actually halfbeat that jump. and over jump as in, I slide down the mountain and jumped over the rock :DD

and if you wanna see more "skillz"

http://www.xfire.com/video/3a4340/

http://www.xfire.com/video/349b11/

here ya go :P

nice vids, I gueesed that it was hb from the mouse angle, but I wasn't sure, so I asked.

Still, I think the only difference between tjmod and etpro is that tjmod is based on etmain, and etpro has b_fixedphysics, so tjmod = etpro + b_fixedphysics 0.

I trust you, but still I think it depends on the server settings where you did that jump, since when I tried it in a local server (didn't try halfbeat, now I will try even if I suck at hb) I didn't notice any difference in speed between tjmod and etpro with b_fixedphysics 0. I failed equally in both mods :angry:

If the difference was so big as you described it, I would have noticed it even with my sux skills.

nvm, there is always a reason for everything, only that sometimes it's hidden from us

• 1 year later...

not reviving old topics is a rule isnt it.....but what if its relavent to something you wanted to discuss? maybe should just delete old topics if so be the case.....just my opinion.