At and end with it all.. little advice needed

Unseen

Okay,

So i've been having black ops freeze issues the last week or so.

I am running a good rig;

Core 2 Duo Wolfsdale (E8400) oc'd 3.40 GHz Cooled with coolermaster V6 with 2 120mm fans at an average load temp of 45-50 C

Intel dp45sg extreme mobo

8gb 1333 Kingston Ram

Removed my SSD and am now running 2 1TB Seagate 7200 RPM HDD's configured to Raid0 (SSD was giving me problems)

Fresh install of windows 7 pro 64

ati 5770 1gb ddr 5 video

Antec 550 watt PSU

So the game has been running fine up till last week, after about 2 hours of solid gaming it will lock causing me to ctrl-alt-del and force close the application.

So I figured problem with the game it self, so I uninstalled re-installed updated ALL drivers.. still same problem..

I than went deeper, opened up msconfig and shut down processes I figured would not be needed...

Same problem.. so I said eff it, did a format reload, and removed my ssd as it was having some weird issues and I just configured my drives to raid0...

okay so fresh install, all updated drivers etc..

same problem...

Looked up some .cfg changes etc.. and tips and tricks for people who have been having problems with freezes etc..

same problem...

I got pointed towards my oc'd processor so I dialed it back down to original clock settings, same problem..

I am at an end..

I ran a system diagnostic, all my hardware passed with flying colors..

But still I am wondering if it is possibly my CPU or Vid card (although its brand new)..

I dunno nothing is sticking out at me as being a major problem?

This is the only game that does it as well, MOH and BFBC2 run perfectly fine, same as WoW..

any help would be much appreciated.

Try software like: http://www.passmark.com/products/bit.htm

This is Burn-In testing. These tests continue to run until aborted, or until the system fails.

If you can perform a successful burn-in test for 3 to 4 times the length of time it takes for Black Ops to hang, it's a software problem with Black Ops. Contact the vendor for more information or to send them a bug report. If you system crashes or reports problems before that timeframe, then you know it's an issue with your computer.

this used to happen to me on Bad Company 2.

i have a 'decent' rig. not too fancy not too bad

-amd phenom II x3 720 BE (overclocked/unlocked @ 3.3Ghz/4th core stable)

-hd4670

-asus m4a77td pro motherboard

-OCZ 1800 o.c. ram (2x2gb)

i used to play COD 4 and CODMW2 maxed out @ 1920x1080 with AA on. but when i played Bad Company 2, i kept gettin lock ups and had to ctrl+alt+del and force close. then i left the game alone for a while, maybe two weeks, and viola....the game was workin again. lol. i have no idea what the problem was. i tried it all like you did. i even underclocked my gpu and cpu -_-. good luck with findin out what it is thats causing lockups.