Which One? Ati 4570 or Ati 5470

FiveMagic

Well i was told a few days ago that they (Staples) will propably send me a new model of my old broken laptop and it will propably be a Ati 5470 instead of my old Ati 4570. But from what i have seen, the Ati 5470 sometimes gets out-performed by the Ati 4570 :hmm

The only graphically demanding games i will be playing are Cod 4, Sc2, Left4dead2 & Command and conquer 3, so if those perform on par (or better) i'll be happy... If not? i dunno what i should do (if anything :o )

Ati 4570 - http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-ATI-Mobility-Radeon-HD-4570.13885.0.html

Ati 5470 - http://www.notebookcheck.net/ATI-Mobility-Radeon-HD-5470.23698.0.html

Any help will be appreciated.

Ati 5470 - http://www.notebookc...70.23698.0.html

Better in the long run bus speed is faster and has direct 11 not 10.1 like the other vid card and supports DDR2 DDR3 And DDR5 memory which is good if you want to transfer your video card to a newer Laptop/desktop

So with the newer 5470 you Get 1800 memory Direct X 11 Shader 5.0 and supports DDR2, GDDR2, DDR3, GDDR3, GDDR5

Your old one = 800 memory DirectX 10.1 shader 4.1 GDDR3, DDR2, DDR3

Not hard to do the math 5470 wins Might be one of the best for a Laptop at its price

I still wonder why it gets out-performed on certain games, even with the extra kick.

Might be one of the best for a Laptop at its price

I paid $730 a year and a half ago for my laptop, laptops at the time had 3200 Hd lol. Now for the same price i could get a Hd 5650.

I still wonder why it gets out-performed on certain games, even with the extra kick.

I paid $730 a year and a half ago for my laptop, laptops at the time had 3200 Hd lol. Now for the same price i could get a Hd 5650.

Be glad you didn't get a laptop like 4 years ago =P. Everything was Intel x3100 (woo can barely run ET properly, yet can run CS:S just fun fine).

Be glad you didn't get a laptop like 4 years ago =P. Everything was Intel x3100 (woo can barely run ET properly, yet can run CS:S just fun).

You think thats bad? You should look at the Brick i'm using now lol. Thank goodness it was free lol (£1,199)

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/laptops/40107/toshiba-satellite-2450

GeForce4 420 go & Pentium 4 lol.

You think thats bad? You should look at the Brick i'm using now lol. Thank goodness it was free lol (£1,199)

http://www.expertrev...-satellite-2450

GeForce4 420 go & Pentium 4 lol.

Wow a laptop from 2003? LOL

But really Your video card is only as good as your Gpu and ram Etc ,,DDR2 ram is not and good as DDR3 ram single core dual core quad core 6 core so on & so on

What i think you misread was 4570 : COD MW 2 or Risen only run in low details and resolutions fluently. Some may not even run fluently at all (e.g. Crysis and NFS Shift depending on the CPU). Older or less demanding games like Left 4 Dead should even run in high detail settings. More information can be found in the gaming benchmark section below.

5470 : Due to the higher clock rate (and GDDR5 support), the>>>>>>> 3D gaming performance <<<<< should be above the HD 4570 (predecessor with same TDP range). Therefore, all current games should be playable in low-medium details. Demanding games, like Crysis, NFS Shift, or Modern Warfare ran on the HD 4570 for example only in low detail settings fluently. Less demanding games like Left 4 Dead should run in high detail settings

So the 5470 can play newer games like Crysis. And your older 4570 even with a good CPU MAY NOT work at even the lowest settings

If i had a laptop i wouldn't even bother playing these games

I have a super slim desk top with dual core and lots of ram still wouldn't buy upgrades to play the new games .. Maybe a build from motherboard up

Notebookcheck is not the most accurate, on the ati 4570 i was playing Cod 4 at 1024-800 (looks good on the 15in screen) on high and i was getting 50-91 fps.

Also on mw2 i could run SP at 1366x1024 with everything on extra (No depth or shadows) at 30+ which was more then playable. Crysis i'm not a fan of, but i could run the game at 20+ Fps on high at the lowest res and even on the low res it looked good (Full screen.)

I just got more news from staples and they "Might" be able to send me a laptop for the same price i paid for (Has to be the same model, black mail ftw), which means i could demand a Gateway NV53A36u (Mines NV5329H) but it's still a maybe and i doubt it will happen but i can always hope :P