Jinh0r Posted Friday at 03:17 AM Posted Friday at 03:17 AM Hi everyone, I’ve played Enemy Territory for quite some time, but this is my first post on the forums. I recently created E.T: Theater Mode, a replay mod I started working on to make fragmovies. It lets you watch your own Jaymod demos through ET Legacy and use tools such as a timeline, player POVs, free camera, camera paths and customizable HUD settings. The download is available here: https://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/3026-et-theater-mode/ I’ve also made a video showing the mod. If sharing it here is allowed, I can add it to the topic. I wasn’t sure where to post this, so apologies if this is the wrong section. Feel free to move the topic if needed. Feedback is welcome. 🙂 Quote
Leader RedBaird Posted Friday at 08:51 AM Leader Posted Friday at 08:51 AM @RNGesus will be interested in this. 😄 (and others) Quote
ET Member RNGesus Posted Friday at 11:40 AM ET Member Posted Friday at 11:40 AM So how are you limiting this from just being used as a cheat client? 1 Quote
ET Member RNGesus Posted Friday at 12:12 PM ET Member Posted Friday at 12:12 PM So how are you limiting this from just being used as a cheat client? edit confirmed can be used as cheat client. I would suggest @RedBaird until uploaded can fixed. @Jinh0rits coded entirely via ChatGPT it seems if it cannot remove the live connection flaw for you PM me and I’ll walk you through doing so. 1 Quote
Jinh0r Posted Friday at 12:17 PM Author Posted Friday at 12:17 PM I did use AI to help me, admittedly, but the mod menu doesn't allow joining an online match. I’m also going to check the client and make sure that connecting to a server isn't possible from this mode Quote
ET Member RNGesus Posted Friday at 12:18 PM ET Member Posted Friday at 12:18 PM Remember manually connecting to a server via /connect is a thing 1 Quote
Jinh0r Posted Friday at 12:21 PM Author Posted Friday at 12:21 PM Thanks for reminding me; I'm just going to try to remove any way to connect to a server. Quote
Leader RedBaird Posted Friday at 01:12 PM Leader Posted Friday at 01:12 PM (edited) 1 hour ago, RNGesus said: edit confirmed can be used as cheat client. I would suggest @RedBaird until uploaded can fixed. I take that to mean that you recommend that we "un-approve" the file so that it cannot be downloaded yet. I will do that now. Please confirm. NO, I won't. @Element' had already hidden it. Edited Friday at 01:16 PM by RedBaird No, I was too slooow. 1 2 Quote
ET Member RNGesus Posted Friday at 01:25 PM ET Member Posted Friday at 01:25 PM @Jinh0r to clarify they have hidden the download for now once you fix the ability for it to be used as a cheat client message forum leadership staff and co/leader and they will get the download available for you again 🙂 2 Quote
Jinh0r Posted Friday at 01:31 PM Author Posted Friday at 01:31 PM I can confirm: it is impossible to connect from the mod. The `/connect` command simply results in a timeout error ("server timed out"). Quote
ET Member RNGesus Posted Friday at 01:35 PM ET Member Posted Friday at 01:35 PM Can I ask are you aware how to use manual connections? Do this /devmap oasis do you connect bam your running on your own small local server inside the client Quote
Jinh0r Posted Friday at 01:47 PM Author Posted Friday at 01:47 PM So? If it stays on a local server, what's the problem? In any case, as I mentioned in private, it's a standalone mod, connecting to a server reloads the mod it's running on. Modules like Jaymod, Silent, etc., wouldn't be able to run the functions found in Theater Mode, simply because those functions don't exist in them. It's like trying to start a Silent server from within Jaymod; it would simply load the stock Silent without the features. And regardless,once again, /connect results in a timeout error, whether executed from the menu or from a map on a local server. Quote
ET Member RNGesus Posted Friday at 01:59 PM ET Member Posted Friday at 01:59 PM (edited) Renderer hooking is a different layer than cgame. If you add code render which you do aka the R_ it will remain until renderer is reloaded. The magic number that allows you to replay jaymod also allows you to join Jaymod by the way Edited Friday at 02:00 PM by RNGesus Added clarity busy day typing quickly 1 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.