Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi everyone,

I’ve played Enemy Territory for quite some time, but this is my first post on the forums.

I recently created E.T: Theater Mode, a replay mod I started working on to make fragmovies.
It lets you watch your own Jaymod demos through ET Legacy and use tools such as a timeline, player POVs, free camera, camera paths and customizable HUD settings.


The download is available here:
https://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/3026-et-theater-mode/


I’ve also made a video showing the mod. If sharing it here is allowed, I can add it to the topic.

I wasn’t sure where to post this, so apologies if this is the wrong section. Feel free to move the topic if needed.

Feedback is welcome. 🙂

  • ET Member
Posted

So how are you limiting this from just being used as a cheat client? 

  • 100 1
  • ET Member
Posted

So how are you limiting this from just being used as a cheat client? 
 

 

edit confirmed can be used as cheat client. I would suggest @RedBaird until uploaded can fixed. @Jinh0rits coded entirely via ChatGPT it seems if it cannot remove the live connection flaw for you PM me and I’ll walk you through doing so. 

  • Thanks 1
Posted

I did use AI to help me, admittedly, but the mod menu doesn't allow joining an online match. I’m also going to check the client and make sure that connecting to a server isn't possible from this mode

  • ET Member
Posted

Remember manually connecting to a server via /connect is a thing

  • 100 1
  • Leader
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RNGesus said:

edit confirmed can be used as cheat client. I would suggest @RedBaird until uploaded can fixed.

 

I take that to mean that you recommend that we "un-approve" the file so that it cannot be downloaded yet.

 

I will do that now.  Please confirm.

 

NO, I won't.  @Element' had already hidden it.  

Edited by RedBaird
No, I was too slooow.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ET Member
Posted

@Jinh0r to clarify they have hidden the download for now once you fix the ability for it to be used as a cheat client message forum leadership staff and co/leader and they will get the download available for you again 🙂

  • Thanks 2
Posted

I can confirm: it is impossible to connect from the mod. The `/connect` command simply results in a timeout error ("server timed out").

  • ET Member
Posted

Can I ask are you aware how to use manual connections? Do this /devmap oasis do you connect bam your running on your own small local server inside the client 

Posted

So?
If it stays on a local server, what's the problem?
In any case, as I mentioned in private, it's a standalone mod, connecting to a server reloads the mod it's running on.
Modules like Jaymod, Silent, etc., wouldn't be able to run the functions found in Theater Mode, simply because those functions don't exist in them.
It's like trying to start a Silent server from within Jaymod; it would simply load the stock Silent without the features.

And regardless,once again, /connect results in a timeout error, whether executed from the menu or from a map on a local server.

  • ET Member
Posted (edited)

Renderer hooking is a different layer than cgame. If you add code render which you do aka the R_ it will remain until renderer is reloaded. The magic number that allows you to replay jaymod also allows you to join Jaymod by the way 

Edited by RNGesus
Added clarity busy day typing quickly
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.