problem with headphones

Jorz

some days ago i tried to connect my headphones to my pc,but my pc doesnt recognise them as a drive,i mean i can hear sound but mic is dead.i am sure the problem isnt the mic.

Try different headphones.

Check your sound driver in device manager.

Try both the headphone port on the computer itself, and the headphone port on your speakers.

Google the brand of headphones you have for any known defects.

etc.

I use to have a pair of phones that the mic only worked if you put it half way in the mic slot ... i know werid right ..try looking in your control panel and look for hardware and sound maybe you have it set up and stero speakers and not headphones with mic ..i know i had to fool around there the first time for it to work

-If you have two pin headphones (one for sound and other for mic) make sure you plug the headphones pin firmly or try other slot in your PC.

-Make sure you have mic input volume set to full in the Control Panel.

-Carefully check the microphone wire for any damages.

-Check if other headphones are working or not.

-Since you can hear sound , it maybe be possible that you sound driver is working.

• 2 weeks later...