ET Reviving the Enemy Territory Subreddit

Posted (edited)

With crossfire gone ET no longer has a central place for all things Enemy Territory. The Enemy Territory subreddit could be a good alternative for this. The goals of this subreddit would be threefold.

A place for returning and new players to find the resources on how to play ET in 2024. I'm currently preparing a guide on how to play ET (etlegacy), convert your old ET config, linking the big community servers and their respective discords (Team Muppet, Hirntot and ofcourse Fearless Assasins) as well as the ET gather community.

A place where people can post their clips of frags, funny moments or other ET things. I will be starting a clip competition soon rewarding one person a week 25 euro for  posting the clip with the most upvotes. This mostly would be to boost the activity of the subreddit which had sank to less than 200 views a day due to it being unmoderated and set to restricted by reddit. This has already been fixed.

edit: I got some feedback telling me i should get the twitch streamers involved, I'm already talking with superboy and medixa, was hoping to contact fatcat and homiertcw as well.

A place where ET events could be shared. I was hoping to engage all the remaining ET communities in this. As such i am looking for representatives of all the big ET publics, the ET gather community and the ETL dev team is already on board. I got a couple of people who are willing to help out and was hoping Fearless Assassins would also join this project.

I asked in the discord if anyone from FA would be willing to chip in and they said it was best to make a forum post as to make the request official. The job would be highly symbolic as the subreddit requires hardly any moderation work. The job would mainly be to represent your community, post about community events, help out players with technical issues and hopefully also add content. The goal would be to have one content piece lined up every day, which shouldnt be that hard to achieve with a team of 7ish people. If the sub becomes active again content should come from the user base and not just reliant on the moderators.

Edited by evirdrevo
typos
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • 100 2

Hey man! Yes, I think this could be a great idea! :)

I was the one on Discord that offered to be the help of representing FA on Reddit, directed him here for other opinions and so that way the opportunity does not get buried on Discord :)

I'd be more than happy to help assist if that's something that would be okay. I am fairly familiar with Reddit, long time user. Just haven't used in a little while. Furthermore, it still is a great idea though. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2024 at 2:03 PM, evirdrevo said:

With crossfire gone ET no longer has a central place for all things Enemy Territory. The Enemy Territory subreddit could be a good alternative for this. The goals of this subreddit would be threefold.

A place for returning and new players to find the resources on how to play ET in 2024. I'm currently preparing a guide on how to play ET (etlegacy), convert your old ET config, linking the big community servers and their respective discords (Team Muppet, Hirntot and ofcourse Fearless Assasins) as well as the ET gather community.

Sod subreddits, for all ET needs peeps can simply just go to the best source. 

https://fearless-assassins.com/

😜

• Platinum VIP
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Shoresy said:

Cool!

I spend a LOT of time on Reddit. Glad to see a sub for ET. Good game, dude!

Edited by -=HipKat=-
  • 100 1