moving profile on ETL from laptop to PC

CrypticEve
Go to solution Solved by Cocanation,

• Platinum VIP

I am having a hard time moving my profile from my laptop to my actual desktop PC. I tried copying all the folders and launcher to a flash drive to transfer to my PC and still not recoverying my ET key or profile. I have 2 ET main folders one through steams ET launcher and folders and one for ETL launcher and folders. Ive been at this for over an hour and just feel lost and defeated. I am in discord coms everyday if it'd help to talk me through things I can even share my screen on discord to hopefully achieve retreiving my profile. I have tried the other tips from other forums but I haven't seen one about using ETL

• Confused 1

• Solution

First of all, there is two locations in your PC for ETlegacy, your main game is more likely to be at "C:\Program Files (x86)\ETLegacy", this one shouldn't has any of your personal data (guids, ss, cfgs, etc). Your personal configuration is more likely to be at "C:\Users\Your_user\Documents\ETLegacy". You have to copy your guids, config, profiles/hud at this folder.

(Image in spanglish, sorry)
image.png.1acbb6cd5f56ae6870a95338f2c8b2e9.png

• Like 2
  • 100 4

Why dont you do a fresh install of ETL on your new PC ?

See https://www.etlegacy.com/download

Then you will only have to copy your GUIDs (your W:ET guid and your silent.dat file).

Gengis

Edited by Gengis
  • Like 2
  • 100 2

• Platinum VIP

ive tried everything and still.... nothing maybe I'm not doing it right but ive been at this for hours.............