Battlefield 2042

nAbish

• Platinum VIP

So last night I bought Battlefield 2042 off steam since it went on sale for $10. I installed today and have been trying to launch the game. Every time I do, it gets to this screen and freezes and I am unsure as to why. I have to restart my pc to get it to do anything. I can’t esc or ctrl-alt-delete. 

Any help would be appreciated, thank you. 

IMG_6001.jpeg

• Surprise 1

image.png.bee768c868320b75b16e643898b42154.pngimage.thumb.png.13718b2329ed97027535affe413d387f.png

Right click > Properties > Installed Files > Verify integrity of game files 

Try this, if still a no go then make sure your video card drivers are up to date. 

If still a no go, reinstall the game. 

Then if that fails, refund and build up some hatred towards Battlefield like the rest of us.

Orrrr rinse and repeat and hate it with a passion and get it working finally and get max lvl in a week and hate yourself every step of the way ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP
3 hours ago, Shoresy said:

image.png.bee768c868320b75b16e643898b42154.pngimage.thumb.png.13718b2329ed97027535affe413d387f.png

Right click > Properties > Installed Files > Verify integrity of game files 

Try this, if still a no go then make sure your video card drivers are up to date. 

If still a no go, reinstall the game. 

Then if that fails, refund and build up some hatred towards Battlefield like the rest of us.

Orrrr rinse and repeat and hate it with a passion and get it working finally and get max lvl in a week and hate yourself every step of the way ;)

Did that and found this. 
Still didn’t work after re-updating. Video card drivers are up to date. Going to try to re-install now. 

IMG_6076.jpeg

Interesting, it’s possible the 3 files that failed could be a big part of the game that isn’t able to correct it’s self without install.

I can’t imagine anything else being wrong with your pc that would hinder it aside from graphic card drivers 

• Thanks 1

when downloading games on steam, it decompress/install itself while doing it so it should have been fixed when he updated the 3 missing files.

is there enough space left with the game installed ?
games make changes in files while running and it gets bigger so if you on the verge of not having space at all, it could be it.
just giving possibilities.

Edited by SlitfaceJR
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum VIP

Still have plenty of room on ssd. I reinstalled and will try to run it later this evening. Been a busy last couple of weeks for me. 😫

13 minutes ago, nAbish said:

Still have plenty of room on ssd. I reinstalled and will try to run it later this evening. Been a busy last couple of weeks for me. 😫

Eww.. You gotta fix that.. by that I mean the being busy part :o 

I had a similar problem when the game froze while loading the splash screen or in the main menu, then some files began to disappear, the PC just couldn’t find them.

It turned out that the SSD began to die, check the hard drive with a hard drive test program, just make sure for yourself. (CrystalDiskInfo)

P.S. For me, it all just started with one game that stopped working, the only one. And then files began to disappear or appear as erroneous photos in the gallery, today they are there, tomorrow they are gone ...

Bad sectors.... Oh God... I lost so much information...

Edited by Dimo4ka
  • Surprise 2