Video card issues

milli vanilli

i'm putting this out to you fine folks cause i can't find an answer anywhere on the interwebs.

my ATI HD 3650 bit the dust hard core. BSoD's from just surfing the web (ati_diag or something like that) so i got a GeForce 9500gt cause i've had way to many other problems with ATI cards. now i can't play COD4 or CivIV without my PC hanging and i have to do a hard reboot.

i've tried both old and new drivers, neither make a difference.

I'm running an intel 3.4, XP Pro, 2gb RAM, no overclocking or anything

spanks

Since you had an ATi card before, you might want to run the Catalyst installer once more to completely uninstall the old ATi drivers if you haven't done so already, and be sure to restart your computer after doing so.

I'll also assume that you've downloaded the driver pack intended for your Operating System (Windows XP, Windows Vista 32bit, Vista 64bit, Windows 7 32bit, or 7 64bit). Completely uninstall your drivers for the nVidia card, and reboot once they've been uninstalled. Let Windows install generic video drivers first, then download and install the latest driver pack for your Operating System and try again.

You might want to make sure that the fan (if present) works on the video card. It may be that the card is overheating and sending a halt error to your computer when it reaches a certain temperature.

Move your topic to Help&Pc Support.

As sky said before, try to remove all old drivers and check your pc for a malware, do this in safe mode, there's a tuto to clean your pc, if it show some error describe it here.