I Can't Just Be Crazy

-=HipKat=-

• Platinum VIP

If someone starts shooting me, and they're getting hits, those hits throw my return fire off, just like getting hit makes it harder to move out of the way, into a doorway or hallway. Those hits move you making it harder to control your own movements. That's the nature of the game. It makes sense. 

Why is it there are some players, the same players all the time, when I got the first shots, when I've hit them 2, 3, 4 times, they have no problem returning fire with perfect aim and their return shots, throw mine off, but my shots aren't throwing them off? Or I can SEE my X-hairs on a target and shots are not registering hits with these same players.

I've grumbled about this for a while until that thread a few weeks ago about the guy using nudge and/or something to avoid taking damage made a connection for me.

I brought this up on Jay 1 last night and got a LOT of agreement. There is something to this and it's not some super-return-fire-skill. There are other players, if I get the first shots, I can SEE those shots are moving them so it's harder to return fire.

Either there's a solid explanation or there is an exploit that these players are using.

I'm going to start taking timestamps when this happens so I can point it out but I have watched demos in the past and not been able to see an explanation

Edited by -=HipKat=-

I don't think you can be certain that you are getting the first shots off. We are playing on FA servers, with players playing from very different locations around the world thus making the ping a key value but a very difficult one to discern. Maybe it appears to you that you shot first but the server registered your opponent shot first by a few thousands of seconds...

Also, I think that experienced players sort of learnt how to compensate, consciously or unconsciously, opponents shooting first. Sometimes, I see my crosshair away from the opponent's head (yea, hs only here) and I'm still hearing shots being registered because I compensated the knock back. Sometimes, my shots don't register because I poorly compensated and I'm firing away from the target.

I think one of the hardest things to master in this fast paced game is to keep focusing on having a smooth or reactive aim while acknowledging you are at a disadvantage in a fight because the opponent has the upper hand by firing first or hitting more first shots than you. I guess that learning how to maintain your aim and movement while starting a fight off the wrong fight is a good step towards consciously then inconciously integrating shot compensation into your gameplay.

Thus said, your point might be valid to some extent, but yea, conclusive demos could help your case!

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

It's weird with Demos on ETL. I played a BUNCH of maps yesterday and only 4 saved Demos (I have Autorecord on in my CFG).

What you say makes sense, but it's not 1 shot that I got first. It's normally like 3 or 4 shots and also, the hit sounds are there and from what you're saying, I can hear hits that don't actually hit the other player?

I don't know, Rosh. I've been watching this for a long time. Many months. This isn't new but it's more and more players that I have this issue with, and not random players. I had one last night, I hit 3 times up close, the guy had 144 pts left. Possible someone else was shooting from another angle on that, though.

Edited by -=HipKat=-