Help!! Et on Mac OS

ravana

Hi,

This is bruising for my ego as a programmer but I require help to install ET properly on Mac OS. I use Virtual Windows XP SP3 on Vmware to play ET. Its slow at times despite having a high spec machine (Ping if Fine!!!). I need to get a native Mac OS Et client up and running. The one i use now is slower than the virtual Windows Xp version. Does anyone have a proper config for Mac OS ET Client? or A Tutorial on how to Properly Set it Up?

I need to properly play as the suicidal engineer....or will go nuts... :cry

Cheers

Sikander

The stand-alone is 2.60c. It doesn't let you go etpro -_-

Here's the following link: http://www.fileshack.com/browse.x/1773

The more current stand alone version is 2.60d. I used parallels for awhile on my MBP and on ver. 4 (which is old by now) I was getting 50-76 fps on a 2007 MBP running 10.4.11.

Here's a link to 2.60d

I know there are a few guys on here that run Mac's w/o problems for the most part, but I could never get PB set up straight. Perhaps you'll have more luck. Best of luck to you.

Thanks All,

Tried all the suggested combinations. No Luck FPS and lag is a problem on all. Guess it will be getting a windows xp bootcamp partition just to play ET.... :rolleyes:

Cheers

Sikander

Model Name: MacBook

Model Identifier: MacBook4,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz

It looks like you've got an Intel Intergrated GMA X3100 graphics chip in your MacBook.

So, this webpage will lead you to the download pack of all the binaries for W:ET 2.60b (Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X). There should be the Mac OS X installer inside the .zip file listed on that webpage, allowing you to install the native OS X client for Enemy Territory.

This article might shed some light onto why you're not getting the FPS you think you should be. Outside of the chance that more RAM might help (looks like you've already maxed it out at 4GB), getting a new laptop will be the only way to improve your performance (and turning down the native OS X graphic settings, running full screen at 800x600 in game, and lowering all the settings).