NQ2 makes my ET program crash. Programs quits

attila66

Hello All,

I have a problem only with NQ2 server.

I can enter NQ1 without any problem.

When I try to connect I get an error message and program quits back to desktop.

It says "Game server uses a unsupported protocol:82, expected 84 (et) and location of log  file.

image.png.e204b2d5307d12bb70b9a876b17964d0.png

Found a topic: 

added fav4.zip to  nq folder. No change.  

Here attached I have my log file.

Any suggestions?

crashlog.txt

This one is new to me but I have a few ideas. I'm going to throw something super basic that you probably already have tried, but could have overlooked.

1. Did you try running as administrator to see if it helps?

2. Also did you extract the files from that ZIP and put it in your etmain? Sometimes just putting the ZIP in that specific folder won't do anything until it's extracted.

3. Maybe even try putting that zip/files into your no quarter folder (Not just ETMAIN).

I noticed sometimes legacy can get weird for example I have to have 2 different configs for legacy / silent mod. One goes into my ETMAIN, the other goes into my ETLEGACY. Due to the different FOV values; it's needed. 

Edited by MaTt0

• 4 months later...

Except adding fav4 file to NQ folder to join NQ2 you have to use original 2.60b version or ET Legacy 2.76 or older. NQ2 does not work with newer versions of Legacy than 2.76.

Edited by yaku
Typo
  • 100 1

Hi Atilla. If you want to join NQ2 you need to use 2.76 as yaku said. Adding fav4 won't help because it's not the same problem.

Here is a link to 2.76:

https://www.etlegacy.com/download/release/276

You can install it alongside your current ETL and it will use your old files and configs. 

• Thanks 1