RC Model Plane flying

ajnl

Started about 1.5 months ago. First the Carbon Cub S2. Yesterday the P.15 came in, which is a german WW2 plane, based on and inspired by the ME-163 rocket plane. Flew it last night, it is crazy fast (72mph) and really fun to fly.

image.thumb.png.fa8d492901af3b039c6bcbc2aec77e54.png

image.thumb.png.401241eadd9a2e047f5760b085dc2203.png

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1
  • 100 1

my step dad is 80 and addicted to these planes.lol he fly's everyday for about 2 hrs.  has a whole room in his house full of these . he got this hobbie after he retired at 55. so hes been doing it a while to expensive for me...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

my step dad is 80 and addicted to these planes.lol he fly's everyday for about 2 hrs.  has a whole room in his house full of these . he got this hobbie after he retired at 55. so hes been doing it a while to expensive for me...

I can understand. I just started and have a list of probably 10 planes that I want to buy hahaha. ha, I wish I could fly daily, guess I'll have to wait till retirement. What kind of planes does he have?

I'm into rc's but haven't had one in years.  Plan on getting back into it since it's a hobby I can continue to age with, lol.  I'd also like to get an fpv drone but haven't yet.  I do have an rc sim and velicidrone I was playing a lot and streaming while doing so but my radio broke and haven't replaced it yet.

I like your choice in planes.  So many cool electric RTF foam park fliers out there now that you can fly anywhere.  It really hurts when you crash a large wood model you spent a ton of money and time building, but building them is a lot of fun and will always be worth it.

I built a wood rv-4 for my bro a few years ago but it's awaiting his real rv-4 to be finished so we can paint match them.  It's almost done, so hopefully soon.

Since you have a super cub (the same one I've thought about buying a few times,  that thing's sweet), here's a pic of my brothers "super cub."  It's a pa-11 cub that's been modified with a more powerful engine, super cub gear, and a super cub horizontal. 

20201227_143905.jpg

• Love 1