NASA budgets $15 million for hypersonic flight

daredevil

Investing in technologies is never bad. Who knows if they are successful, then they will make more $$ in long run by selling tech to other countries.

To fix something you need to fix root cause. Root cause of bad economy is this useless wars and other things. They need to stop doing that and they need to learn to stop brown nosing in other countries rules and regulation.

War in Iraq: Nothing found.

War in Afghanistan: Nothing found much either.

It's funny to me that USA was first giving weapons and $$ privately to Afghanistan to keep silent war against Russia and then slowly Afghanistan turned back on US itself.

There goes saying, "As you sow so shall you reap."

Even though it is good that money is being spent on R&D, its a shame, in my opinion, that the ultimate end goal is monetary, not discovering for the benefit of people. Things like the Bugatti Veyron, and extremely cool car, amazing as it is, will probably not be made again, because it is not cost-effective.

:lol_3: Mach 20? May not sound like much but here is the math for you. Lets say it is a high altitude craft traveling at around the same altitude as the SR-71 at 80,000 feet (24,384 meters) and in temperatures of around -50C (-58F). This means it is traveling at roughly:

19,744 feet per second which is roughly 3.74 mi/sec. In metric measurements that is about 6,018 meters per second or 6.01 km/sec.

If it operated at low altitudes at 60F (15.56C) it would be traveling at roughly:

22,368 ft/sec or 4.24mi/sec or 6,817.8m/sec or 6.82 km/sec.

*Difference in air resistance at the different altitudes not included in calculations as I do not know how.

I believe to figure out the air resistance, you need to take in account the compressibility effects. Since your going at high speeds :-P

:lol_3: Mach 20? May not sound like much but here is the math for you. Lets say it is a high altitude craft traveling at around the same altitude as the SR-71 at 80,000 feet (24,384 meters) and in temperatures of around -50C (-58F). This means it is traveling at roughly:

19,744 feet per second which is roughly 3.74 mi/sec. In metric measurements that is about 6,018 meters per second or 6.01 km/sec.

If it operated at low altitudes at 60F (15.56C) it would be traveling at roughly:

22,368 ft/sec or 4.24mi/sec or 6,817.8m/sec or 6.82 km/sec.

*Difference in air resistance at the different altitudes not included in calculations as I do not know how.

flying around the world in less then 2 hours!!! f*ck YEAH!!! B)

• 2 weeks later...