Playing style config suggestions

ASBO

Hello, well my cfg messed up after joining a sever today. Then after I was messing about with it and the whole things is fudged.

XeRoiX* was very helpful in explains what had happened and finding a similar cfg to the one I had. So thanks again!

But since the old one is gone I'm now looking to make a more bespoke one by myself.

So basically my question is there anything I should be looking to try out in a new config to aid my playing style, which is basically Rambo engineer, I never really play any other class because I play to do the objective not for kills.

I'm basically the mad man that runs head first into a battle, I never take my time or really shoot from long range so most of my duels are closer range. 

I play with 1.76 mouse sense and fov of 102

Anything else I should try out does anybody think? 

Thanks ASBO

Edited by ASBO

Actually, the settings should be personalized for each player. There are no universal settings that will suit everyone. cg_fov 102 is also good for long range. Maybe try to play with the m_pitch command - by default set to 0.022 - it is responsible for the sensitivity in the vertical direction. Try to set it to, for example, 0.020 or 0.017 and check if it suits you. Remember that for several dozen minutes you will get used to the new mouse settings - it can help you keep the crosshair at the level of the opponent's head. If I can suggest something - try setting the crosshair large enough, e.g. cg_crosshairsize 46-50. It is said that the human eye perceives red or cyan best - you can also try these colors. The command com_maxfps 125 will guarantee a smooth game. Being more detailed - you may be interested in something like dpi and mouse refresh expressed in hz. Personally, I use 400 dpi and 1000 hz with mouse acceleration turned off. For recreational gaming, I do not know if it makes sense to delve into such a topic so much.

jo

• Like 2

@joo Thanks Jo,

Sensitivity in the vertical direction 🤔 are you just making sure I can never aim at you on the ground! 😄😂🤣

I think I changed that when I first made my new CFG but will revisit it! the cross hair settings, not thought about that at all and look at and making sure im getting a smooth 125FPS. Was messing about with my DPI setting yesterday, I think I prefer a quite high setting as I aim with my wrist and don't move the mouse that much.

Slowly learning what all the different commands do for a more comfortable game  🙂

Please, no capital letter at first, just jo 👺

Contrary to appearances, the lower sensitivity of the mouse in the vertical direction is much more accessible to people who do not train, than normal settings. This is my opinion. I personally do not train 😉 You mentioned that you want to concentrate on close distances, so in my opinion the size of the crosshair will be very important. Out of curiosity - how many centimeters do you have to move the mouse to turn 180 degrees? Coming back to the m_pitch command - in my opinion, the lack of sensitivity to vertical movement can be eliminated by appropriate positioning, so nothing is lost. A matter of habit. Full hd looks great but I'm used to the 800x600 resolution and play it. You probably have your own habits that you don't want to change. 

We can discuss, the topic is very complex.

Regarding appearance, this is the most important question - do you feel good in dark graphics settings with many shadows (cyan crosshair then) but sometimes very sharp characters or do you prefer less shadows, more subdued colors (then maybe red xhair the best) but unremarkable characters.

etc. etc...

Sorry jo, noted!

Today I tried a bigger crosshair, changed my m_pitch to 0.2 and made sure my FPS was a consistent 125. I think the crosshair did make a bit of a difference! Not sure about the mpitch I'll lower it again tomorrow though and keep trying lower ones until 0.17 😊

I have to move the mouse about 7-8cm to do a 180

I play in high resolution, like 2560 X 1440 or something and bright, I tried it in lower but I hated the look of it! 

thanks again jo 😁

So few centimeters for such a big turn? Wow. I think I already know why you want to focus on close distances. Probably because it is difficult to operate with such a high sensitivity of the mouse over very short sections on the mouse pad. One conclusion can be drawn from this... 😅 

• Like 1

Im a massive NOOB?! 🤣😂😂🤣 agreed 🙂

I quite like it now because with bigger arm movements my shoulder starts to hurt after a while. Plus playing engi all the time im usually arming/defusing dyna or fixing/building things. It leaves me very exposed so being able to alter my aim/do big turns very fast i find beneficial. My long range shooting sucks because of it, but ah well its my sacrifice. Still trying to find that sweet spot.

Been reading through this http://files.idle.ee/et/tweaks.html which has everything all listed out very conveniently.

So when my new keyboard arrives ill set up some binds like changing FOV when im shooting from long range, see if that helps. 🙂

What I meant was, with such a high mouse sensitivity, there is a good solution. Drink some alcohol to make you drunk, then the sensitivity of the mouse does not matter, the character's movement is slower, the mouse movements are smoother. I tested several times, it really works 😁

I don't recommend playing two different cg_fov. It's best to set one up and try to get used to it.

yo

• Haha 1

😂 Tried and tested by jo!

To be fair I died 90 times on Italy the other day trying to fix that dam truck, so anything to numb the pain of that might be useful! 😄

2 hours ago, joo said:

I don't recommend playing two different cg_fov. It's best to set one up and try to get used to it.

Noted, thanks 🙂

• Haha 1