help

Hulk

Can anyone tell what are some known causes of why a pc wont detect a vid card, or what i can do to get it to detect it.. any help you can give on this is greatly appreciated.

ohh and i have windows xp OS

Can anyone tell what are some known causes of why a pc wont detect a vid card, or what i can do to get it to detect it.. any help you can give on this is greatly appreciated.

ohh and i have windows xp OS

I'm not sure what kind of video card you're using. but I've been using ATI for years now..check your bios. make sure your onboard video is "ENABLE". or your computer will get confused with it..

First lets try a few basics. Sorry if you have already tried these.

Is your 6 pin connector plugged into the GPU from the power supply?

Does your motherboard use PCI-E 2.1? If it uses a previous PCI-E variant I hear it will be incompatible with the 5770.

Is this a new or used GPU? If used can you confirm with another PC that it is functional?

What is your Power Supply's wattage?

Even though the PC cannot detect it when powered on does the GPU fan spin?

Have you ran a program such as driver sweeper to clear the old GPU's drivers?

Also if you are using a motherboard with a PCI-E variant earlier than 2.1 check with your motherboard manufacturer as some are beginning to supply BIOS updates to get around the compatibility issues.

Is this your new motherboard hulk? Pretty much do what Antithought said.

Also get the latest ATI catalyst drivers online and not the CD it comes with (make sure you install the right drivers for your OS). Then try it.

If you are using your old motherboard, there maybe an issue because it might not be PCI-e 2.0 or greater (check the motherboard manual)

Thanks onion and anti turns out my motherboard was falling apart and believe like u say also incompatible. On a good note just ordered nice one and i3 processor so should be back in about a week ty for taking the time to help. :)