laptop screen

Piotr

I have new laptop. ET strats with less wider screen with two black belts on the right and on the left side. What I should do to config this properly? Please help me i have no idea what to do. I have never use laptop for playing ET.  

Your dear Piotr form jay1.

• Like 1

i assume the laptop is in hd  1080 if your laptop has a different native resolution change the values to that 

start et join jay1 then open console and type

/r_customheight 1080
/r_customwidth 1920

/r_mode -1

/vid_restart

• Like 1

Hey Piotr!

1 hour ago, MikeSlayer said:

start et join jay1 then open console and type

/r_customheight 1080
/r_customwidth 1920

/r_mode -1

/vid_restart

This will work. You can open console with the key that is to the left of the '1' key, and under the 'ESC' key. Also, it can get a little bit tedious to type that every time, so I recommend you to create a .cfg file. A .cfg file is a text file that you can type commands in. Then, you just have to open console and type the command:

/exec [name of the file]

To make a .cfg file, do the following. Create a text file with notepad and type:

seta r_customheight 1080
seta r_customwidth 1920

seta r_mode -1

seta vid_restart

Save it with a name you will remember, for example "piotr", and then put the file on the folder called "etmain", wich is located wherever you have the game installed. Then you can just go to jay1, open console and type:

/exec piotr.cfg

Also, if your screen resolution is not 1920x1080 you should change the values. That's it! You can customize a bunch of aspects of the game with .cfg files, you just have to add more commands to it. If you want to learn more you should read this post:

It's a bit old, but it has anything you'll ever need. Good luck!

• 100 1