COD4 COD4 Multiplayer crashes on start

Almondo

Question

Single player works great but after switching or directly starting multiplayer game it doesnt start at all.  Tried to turn off display optimisation, full screen mode and the same shit happens. Updated to  1.8 as well.   Any ideas?

Running on i7 and GTX 1660 TI.  Thanks for help in advance!

Edited by Almondo

• Leader

Hi!

don't ask me why because I never understood why it was doing this. You have 2 options

1- plug in a mic ( I tried and works but not the best solution)

or

2- enable stereo mix (this is the one that fixed my problem)

right click the volume/speaker icon > open volume mixer > click on system sound > click recording > right click on stereo mix > enable

or

control panel > hardware and sound > sound > recording >right click stereo mix and enable > also make sure the 2 options bellow are checked (show disabled devices and show disconnected devices)... also make sure while in there to go look at the enhancement right click on stereo mix > properties > enhancement > make sure that "disable all sound effect" is unchecked

your game should start :) 

Edited by rambozo37
  • Like 1

• Leader
19 minutes ago, Almondo said:

Properties >  Compability>   Windows 7

lol forgot to mention that also :P 

I used to only get the stereo mix problem which stopped the game to start. Used to drive me crazy lol!

Happy it now works for you :) 

Just now, rambozo37 said:

lol forgot to mention that also :P 

I used to only get the stereo mix problem which stopped the game to start. Used to drive me crazy lol!

Happy it now works for you :) 

Thanks for help man! I have PB issue right now....  any solutions?  :D   ....it just doesnt want to start.

• Leader

you playing with steam or cd install?

first look in your game options if PB is enable and allow downloads also. When I reinstalled PB was disable by default for me

Edited by rambozo37

• Leader

Other option if not working is replacing the PB folder (apparently its most common with steam)

here's the file to download, go in it and take the PB folder (inside the COD4 PB folder) and replace yours with it. Then inside the PB folder there's pbsetup, click it and remove the game that is showing. Then add new game and grab COD4 again. Don't click on update

CoD4 PB.zip

• Like 1

• Leader

I found this maybe it explains it better then me

https://forums.gamegrin.com/showthread.php?t=86534

when I reinstalled cod4 a few months ago it took me 2 days to make it work. I felt stupid also :P 

Edited by rambozo37
  • Like 1