Need for Speed World (FREE!)

thundercunt

They keep adding more and more to the game.

I think this is a test and later next year they are going to drop some multi player racing game that cost money.

• 2 weeks later...

I had switched to one of the Dodge Challenger/Charger cars, bad idea. From what I can tell for the first 15 or so levels, stick with an import tuner, you're much more likely to win races that way; and thus, get Rep and Money to buy the next car that is actually half decent (tail-end of Tier 2 cars, or Tier 3). Just saving up that money is a pain. Don't bother painting your car, just get one of the performance mods when you can, but don't spend any other money.

So far, I've got a Nissian Silvia with the first performance mod, I'm at level 8, I think, with just around 50k cash. Cop chases are a good way to get rep, but not a good way to get cash. The Race Now feature lets you be a little more lazy and just click the NFS logo in the center of the upper control bar and wait for a race to be picked, you don't even have to drive to the events. Of course, you could also warp around using the map to join races.

I had been winning races with the Toyota AE86 (Initial D), surprising a lot of people since I could actually pull off some nice turns, but then I switched to the Dodge (gotta love American Muscle) and realized that was perhaps a very, very bad idea. Wasted so much money doing that.

• 1 month later...

Double posting for bumping purposes.

For those of us that stopped playing, they've updated the Customization system (Car Upgrades) to allow for individual parts. Also, I've finally started getting parts at the card picking, so far I've gotten two unique parts (that I couldn't use), a new set of sports tires, and a sports engine with impressive stats. I believe they are working on another large update tonight, so I'd at least wait until tomorrow to give it another go.

Yeah, a few days ago Achiyan mentioned playing it, so I went to play, but it said the servers were down, so I shrugged and tried again in the morning, and since it said they were still down, I went to their website and re-downloaded the client. I'm glad I did because I hadn't played in so long, they had updated the client so much the automatic update didn't work on my old one.