Can't use any commands

The teacher

So here is the problem: whatever i try to write or say using the "v" commands never appears anywhere. At the beginning I thought I had been muted but then I tried a command like !admintest and nothing happened. Then i opened console and typed !help and still nothing happened.

Also in my et main page, when i go to options, I can acces all of them but when I try to open Game options it takes me back to the main page.

Can anyone plz help me (taking into account that i do not know much about computers)

Thanks in advence for your help

The Teacher

What do u mean by "v" commands, voice chat? and u have to put / in front when using console commands.

Yes, voice chat.

And maybe i am using the wrong terminology, I thought writing !help in console was a command. How do you call doing that then?

Hai Teacher, and did you tried doing !listplayers and checking your admin lvl, or when you press the V at least appear the window to talk?, is unbind that key?! just give us a SS can be helpful.

write in console cmds or V is the same!

take some screen shots so we can see exactly what you're doing, and what server were you on.

And can you see other people's commands / vsays?

Edited by jaie

What do u mean by "v" commands, voice chat? and u have to put / in front when using console commands.

Yes, voice chat.

And maybe i am using the wrong terminology, I thought writing !help in console was a command. How do you call doing that then?

i think theres some confusion.

!help is a command. typing !help is perfectly legitamte.

However these are server side commands ( i dont think im usign the right terminology here either :P ) and so depend on what server your playing on. You could do !splat on server A , and do !splat on server B and yet only mange to splat people on Server B for example.

'/' is ues when exectuing client side commands, i.e. commands that arent implemented by the server admin (but can be disabled i think). So for example !splat may not even exsit on Server A. Howeve,r on both servers you can do /follow, /pb_[TAB] etc

Of course you could combine the two to do silent cmds, i.e. it wont show up in global. On FA servers nly people with ability to do silent command is lvl 12 + . You do not have to put '/' in front, and in fact its recommended that the only commands you do in silent mode are ones to use when catching cheats - e..g you dont use /!putteam but you would do /!finger or /!ban

i think theres some confusion.

!help is a command. typing !help is perfectly legitamte.

However these are server side commands ( i dont think im usign the right terminology here either :P ) and so depend on what server your playing on. You could do !splat on server A , and do !splat on server B and yet only mange to splat people on Server B for example.

'/' is ues when exectuing client side commands, i.e. commands that arent implemented by the server admin (but can be disabled i think). So for example !splat may not even exsit on Server A. Howeve,r on both servers you can do /follow, /pb_[TAB] etc

Of course you could combine the two to do silent cmds, i.e. it wont show up in global. On FA servers nly people with ability to do silent command is lvl 12 + . You do not have to put '/' in front, and in fact its recommended that the only commands you do in silent mode are ones to use when catching cheats - e..g you dont use /!putteam but you would do /!finger or /!ban

Yes, i meant u have to use / in those "side commands" like /topshots, /r_mode, /reconnect, etc. Which u can see (not all) by typing /cmdlist. And !help shows the "main commands". Everything in console without / shows in global chat. :thanks

Thanks for your help guys but problem solved, apparently I had been muted. Thing is I had never been muted before (and have no idea why i was muted this time) so i didn't know that when you are muted you can not even use commands (i mean things like !admintest).

BTw is there anyway to find out who muted me so i can know why he did it?