Game Booster/Windows Frameworks

Ganja.

Yes I have now, same deal though. It gets about half way through the install and starts the rollback process. I am fresh out of ideas.

Now that I think about it, I had this problem once a while ago. I think I solved it by re-installing windows. Hopefully someone here has an easier solution..

Returning IDRETRY. INSTALLMESSAGE_ERROR [The Installer has insufficient privileges to modify this file: C:\Windows\system32\en-US\dfshim.dll.mui.]

That's from the log file, possibly is the problem. I am running it as the administrator.

Now that I think about it, I had this problem once a while ago. I think I solved it by re-installing windows. Hopefully someone here has an easier solution..

I always think its the easiest and quickest way, USB installation takes less than 3 min;) Only those updates and all programs and passwords take hours.

But have you tried uninstalling Gamebooster and then uninstalling NET framework? https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/1127ffba-9dd5-4038-9842-c02d8fb47d21/how-do-i-remove-all-traces-of-net-framework-4-client-profile-from-my-system-and-what-is-the-status?forum=w7itprogeneral  and then trying to install NET.framework again. And is the PC free of viruses? Gamebooster is legit? Another option would be to force to delete that annoying system file but I guess as well you could format C:\ at the same time;)

Sometimes Windows likes to install programs\files in system directory and then decide that this dir needs to be protected hardly, so even running things on admin rights doesn´t affect them. (Trying to give that .dll a more relaxed access by modifying "Security permissions" would help, but again I wouldn´t recomment it as I don´t know if OS tries to access it or some malware... Also it could brake the whole security policy and make system vulnarable for attacks.)

That .dll led me in registry to this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa374191%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

At first glance seems something like dependencies in linux? Too tired atm to dig more into it.

I always think its the easiest and quickest way, USB installation takes less than 3 min;) Only those updates and all programs and passwords take hours.

But have you tried uninstalling Gamebooster and then uninstalling NET framework? https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/1127ffba-9dd5-4038-9842-c02d8fb47d21/how-do-i-remove-all-traces-of-net-framework-4-client-profile-from-my-system-and-what-is-the-status?forum=w7itprogeneral  and then trying to install NET.framework again. And is the PC free of viruses? Gamebooster is legit? Another option would be to force to delete that annoying system file but I guess as well you could format C:\ at the same time;)

Sometimes Windows likes to install programs\files in system directory and then decide that this dir needs to be protected hardly, so even running things on admin rights doesn´t affect them. (Trying to give that .dll a more relaxed access by modifying "Security permissions" would help, but again I wouldn´t recomment it as I don´t know if OS tries to access it or some malware... Also it could brake the whole security policy and make system vulnarable for attacks.)

That .dll led me in registry to this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa374191%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

At first glance seems something like dependencies in linux? Too tired atm to dig more into it.

I did a bunch of bs to get my system to bypass the lock on that file, and presto. Thank you a thousand times over for the help guys!!!

Keep clean startup and system services ( + no program icon in the systray)

find and delete stupid updater and helper services (any auto updater)

so no need any 3th party booster program

Keep clean startup and system services ( + no program icon in the systray)

find and delete stupid updater and helper services (any auto updater)

so no need any 3th party booster program

LOL Talk to me when you have trouble holding 66 fps with your game tweaked out bro haha. I have a mini-pc I'm gaming with, and Gamebooster has just helped out a lot accomodating that.

gamebooster helps me in some games, especially when i need to free up some ram quickly. but i have 1 or 2 games that play kinda choppy and with slower frame rates if GB isnt on. i havent cared enough to find which service(s) causes it when GB is so quick and easy lol