Vision problems, headaches and your PC settings....

Ol Smoke

I have had a bout with dizziness for about 2 months now and playing COD4 has not helped me at all. So today I played around with the video settings in the game.

I found that setting my refresh rate to 56Hz and syncing the frame rate has helped a lot.  The picture actually cleared up some and the headache behind my eyes

went away.  Now maybe that hurts gameplay a little but I really couldn't see any difference.  But I have to admit that my game is not much anyway.  The reason I

wrote this article was because someone else was having eye problems when playing.  So maybe these settings may work.

I tried 56k, 60k, 70k, 72k and 74k for my panel settings.  I use a Samsung  21" screen in 16 x 10 format.  I tried turning the sync setting on and off with each setting.

The 56k with sync made a very real difference in how my brain is viewing the video.  So there it is.

• Like 1

I've noticed a huge difference in eye strain going from a 60hz monitor to a 144hz one. Enemy territory takes a huge fps hit when vsync is on so I'm about to mod my monitor to give gsync a try. If anyone has had a chance to run it yet I'd love to here about their experience.

I've had some problems myself lately.  I've had to start wearing glasses recently so I just assumed that some of my problems were coming from adjusting to them.  I also use a Samsung 21" at work and a similar monitor at home for game play.  I did a quick search based on your comment and I found the article listed below that makes a lot of sense.  It basically says that the LED brightness setting, as much as Hz, could be contributing to the problem.

Either way, thanks for posting!!  I hope that your fix continues to solve your problem.

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/focus.php?subaction=showfull&id=1362457985