Year half gone..

Ol Smoke

It seems like only a couple of weeks ago, it was cold, rainy and miserable.  Flooding everywhere and tornadoes going rampant.

Now I get up this morning and flip the calendar and half of this year is already gone.  And this is what came to me:

1.  In 3 months, it will be back to 70 degrees. The leaves will begin to turn.  The garden is all but done.

2.  The Hurricane season has begun.

3.  It's only 5 months till the holiday season begins again.

4.  I have gone fishing once this year.

So I am going to relax and let the time go by more slowly.  I am switching to Hawaiian time.

Today is going to be over a 100 degrees!

In a few months I am going to look at this post again and try to remember this day.

• Like 1

I wish there was a way to cause time to move more slowly.. It seems only yesterday I was bringing my daughter home from the hospital, and now she is married and has her own life.  "Youth is wasted on the young" never meant anything to me until it was to late and it seems the older I get the faster time moves. I've battled cancer, heart attacks, been stabbed twice, and walked away from wrecks that should have ended me, yet it all seems like a flash in the pan, the unfortunate part is, the good memories go back even quicker. My advice to the younger generation, slow down, open your eyes and notice the things/people around you. Cherish the ones you love, keep them close, listen to things they say and take them to heart.

Pay attention to your elders, grandfathers/mothers and parents, they know cause they have been there. Life is a gift, you don't want to get to the end of this wonderful road and realize you don't really know the people around you.  Look up every now and then, look around at all the awesome things (whether you believe in a higher power or not) that has been given to you. Nature itself, and life in general are far more awesome than the screen of a phone..  :D

Eh, sorry for the rant hehe 

• Like 1

i hear you about the wasted youth thing chronn. my brother just finished his freshman year and hes been playing video games all summer so far. i need to go knock some sense into him. of course when youre young you dont care what anyone says. i least thats how i was.

• Like 1