Thought this was interesting. (Especially since I will be 40 on my next B-Day)

Chameleon

Ofc not..they are not only for kids..one example the games are beeing made more violent,more agressive and more complicated..

and i dont think they are beeing made for kids..

it that's what atract the parents to play...

and yeah you can see that the biggest precentage its the +36 yo.

i remember waiking up at night and my parents were playing Mario in my nintendo when i was young..

it atracks even them(my parents) that were not from the time of the video games.

Yeah I remember when I was a kid having to fight with my mom to play Pac-Man on the Atari 2600 Haha.. Seems the older I have gotten the more I love games..

• Like 1

Good article. The only thing I have against games on the PC or whatever, is that it keeps you from doing other things. I have never been a true "gamer", because my

mind won't let me stay engrossed in anything for more than 60 minutes at a time. As a child of the '50's I grew up outside. Everything we did was "outside". Today that

attitude is strong in people of my age group. We are the ones running everything today and we want the kids to be "outside". We think that takes care of everything

that is wrong with kids today. But when I was growing up, there was an older generation who thought we had it too easy. All the electrical appliances, TV, Radio, etc. and

we rode around in cars. They too thought we should be "outside" all the time, and that would cure us of our problems as "raucous kids without a care in the world".

So, it never stops. The kids today, will hate the music of their kids, and the way they do things, and how they talk, etc. just like it has been for a 1000 years.

But to say that a game is for children or adults, is stupid. Inside we are all 16 years old and longing for those days in the sun. So if an electronic world of gaming can bring

back that kid, then play on.

• Like 1

I agree 100% Smoke and though we did have an Atari and an Intellivision when I was younger, we also had a farm and a garden to raise.. We spent the majority of our time outside, whether it was feeding the animals, or working in the garden and doing chores. My parents though they bought us what they could, also limited the amount of time we could spend on the electronics and if chores were not done and grades not kept up, we were totally banned from them. I do believe kids should spend more time outside and outside of the electronic box too, My parents fortunately kept both aspects of the old and the new in our lives and I think my brother and I found a good balance in that. We know the latest tech lingo and yet I can still plow a garden using only the horse and the plow Haha.. I agree and have always said when we get older, we are only physically older versions of the 18 year old us.. I think keeping that spark and imagination alive also helps bring us longer life and happiness..

For sure...

im not so old but i remember we puted 4 rocks in the road and we made an amaizing football match of it..

playing hide and sik...

all my friends after lunch passing in my house for me to come to play...

thats things we dont see anymore...

ofc we got to add that the times are more dangerous atm than in our,your times..

more cars(more dangerous to play outside for a kid)

more violence

and specialy the violence against kids..

ofc i think every parent think's 1st at the safety of they're own children before thinking if they are having fun or not.

• Like 1