Obama to combat the American Constitution via Executive Order!!!

=Death Hunter=

mmm.

People called Lincoln a dictator who flaunted the law as well.

Just saying.

Personally I don't own a gun and have never seen the need for one. I'd be perfectly happy if they were banned. Not that that's anything like what is being proposed.

You have a problem with background checks? You have issues reloading a 5 shot magazine? While I agree the "assault" weapon ban is rather silly, what difference does it make? Buy the regular version and the problem is solved.

"assault weapon" is a term that was coined by the anti-gun group years and years ago. The majority of "assault weapons" are owned by the military and police, very very few civilians have true legit "assault weapons" - we DO have the "regular version" and that is what they want to take away. 10rd or 30rd mag, it take 5-10 seconds on average to reload... is that 5-10 seconds going to make such a huge difference during a shooting situation, I think not

In all seriousness, the biggest threat in a shooting situation is a shotgun. If I had the choice of being shot with a 5.56/.223 round or a 12ga slug or buckshot, sign me up for the 5.56. The anti-gun lobby really just wants to take away all of the guns to fully disarm the populace, make no mistake.