Error Message HELP!!

Navydoc

So, I have a new laptop since returning from Afghanistan and I am trying to get everything re-installed so I can start playing W:ET again but no matter WHAT server I try to join, I get this error message:

Game Code (ui_mp_x86.dll) Failed Pure Server Check

Can ANYONE tell me what this means and possibly how to correct it??

THANKS!!! =)

Edited by Navydoc

Firstly, welcome back :)

I looked up that error and as I guessed, it's a PB pure client check failure.. Problem is probably that you don't have an etkey since EvenBalance stopped supporting punkbuster on Enemy Territory :(

Check your etmain and see if there is an etkey there.. If not, did you back up your old one? Its best to use old one because true PB enabled servers still require VALID etkeys from pre-october 4th.

If you don't have your old etkey, I created an etkey generator for us which is better than nothing.. Its not valid etkey but it allows for admin levels and XP on our non-pb servers (everything except Jay3 I think) and you can see how to manually apply your etkey correctly in this tutorial - http://fearless-assa...ped-et-support/ ..

If you do have your old etkey then GOOD! you can still use that tutorial just ignore the etkey generator part :)

Firstly, welcome back :)

I looked up that error and as I guessed, it's a PB pure client check failure.. Problem is probably that you don't have an etkey since EvenBalance stopped supporting punkbuster on Enemy Territory :(

Check your etmain and see if there is an etkey there.. If not, did you back up your old one? Its best to use old one because true PB enabled servers still require VALID etkeys from pre-october 4th.

If you don't have your old etkey, I created an etkey generator for us which is better than nothing.. Its not valid etkey but it allows for admin levels and XP on our non-pb servers (everything except Jay3 I think) and you can see how to manually apply your etkey correctly in this tutorial - http://fearless-assa...ped-et-support/ ..

If you do have your old etkey then GOOD! you can still use that tutorial just ignore the etkey generator part :)

OK..... My old one is probably still on my old hard drive. I can plug it in and see. Am I just looking for something called "etkey?"

OK..... My old one is probably still on my old hard drive. I can plug it in and see. Am I just looking for something called "etkey?"

Yep :) theres no file extension or anything it will just be called etkey and it's in the etmain folder :) If you can retrieve that then that would be the best outcome really.. And be sure to make a backup of it in your emails or something

Reference: Backing up and Restoring your ETKEY

Is it supposed to look like it's partly written in Hieroglyphics?

Yeah it's 28 characters followed by some gobbledygook :P Thats just PB's sloppy way of producing them and not trimming off the output buffer I believe... But don't edit that at all, no need to open the etkey file, just copy+paste the actual etkey file into your new etmain folder :)

EDIT: also we have a new admin level system for W:ET, and your level 8 is now a VIP level not a member level, so I would report it on the tracker that you need your new admin level :) Not sure which section of the tracker is best but I guess just in any of the Enemy Territory server sections :)

Yeah it's 28 characters followed by some gobbledygook :P Thats just PB's sloppy way of producing them and not trimming off the output buffer I believe... But don't edit that at all, no need to open the etkey file, just copy+paste the actual etkey file into your new etmain folder :)

EDIT: also we have a new admin level system for W:ET, and your level 8 is now a VIP level not a member level, so I would report it on the tracker that you need your new admin level :) Not sure which section of the tracker is best but I guess just in any of the Enemy Territory server sections :)

OK.... I copied and pasted the "etkey" into my new etmain. Now do I have to do the action in console??

OK.... I copied and pasted the "etkey" into my new etmain. Now do I have to do the action in console??

Well type /cl_guid and see if it says you have a GUID or not.. If it doesnt show any GUID then do:

/pb_cl_enable; pb_system 1; pb_cdkeyreg; and then check again with /cl_guid - it should show then.

Note: when doing pb_cdkeyreg it displays an error saying it couldn't resolve the hostname - thats because it doesn't exist any more, but for some reason I still had to do pb_cdkeyreg for it to initialise.. Must be something internal as well as the call to pb. Nothing to worry about :)

Lol its really simple you only have to run ET as administrator

Yup he is right! Right click the ET icon and select "run as administrator" ez peazy

Yep :D