the Midwest is getting pounded by the blizzard

Urine_Sample

nice & hard indifferent-blink.gif

and the worst of it isn't supposed to hit Chicago until 5am... You've got to be kidding me with the way it got in just a few hours!!!

A large swath of blizzard warnings, winter storm warnings, freezing rain advisories, winter weather advisories and winter storm watches are in effect, stretching from new Mexico and the Southern Plains northeastward through the Midwest and into the upper Mid-Atlantic and New England. This image is from GOES East at 1545Z.

http://nnvl.noaa.gov/MediaDetail.php?MediaID=640&MediaTypeID=1

Awesome satellite image

640_MidWestSnow_20110201.jpg

whoa.gif

Who else is in the Midwest riding out this storm?

20 inches, and it's not supposed to stop snowing until 4pm tomorrow for us. :/ the winds woke me up from a nice long nap this afternoon :(

when i look out the window i can't see a fricking thing. and its fairly quiet right now. supposed to get to -6 degrees tomorrow, and more snow :( the snow's already knee deep. damnnnn.

i'm in chicago area. it's pretty bad :P

When I was a little kid, the scientists were warning everyone that we were facing a new ice age soon from all the pollution. They said the air pollution was reducing the amount of sunlight that filtered through the atmosphere. We were supposed to cool off, and then the additional snow and ice would reflect the sun's rays back when they hit the ground, resulting in a permanent lowering of the Earth's temperature. It was our fault, of course, because we used toasters and drove cars and didn't give the scientists larger research grants to solve the problem of the coming ice age.

When nothing happened, a new generation of scientists predicted that the earth's temperature would start rising sharply from all the air pollution. Soon the seas would be rising, and we would all be very, very sorry that we used toasters and drove cars that emitted carbon dioxide, and we must act now to tax all carbon sources to fund their research.

The inventor of the internet, Al Gore, made speeches and movies describing the imminent danger we all faced from the rising temperatures. There was even a comedy made about it called The Day After Tomorrow, in which global warming triggers an ice age, resulting in the Northern Hemisphere being covered with miles of ice.

Today is Groundhog Day in the US, a bizarre holiday tradition where people watch a groundhog come out of his hole. If the groundhog sees his shadow, there will be more winter, otheriwse there will be an early Spring. I like Groundhog Day. Watching a large rodent is more entertaining than Al Gore.

20 inches, and it's not supposed to stop snowing until 4pm tomorrow for us. :/ the winds woke me up from a nice long nap this afternoon :(

when i look out the window i can't see a fricking thing. and its fairly quiet right now. supposed to get to -6 degrees tomorrow, and more snow :( the snow's already knee deep. damnnnn.

i'm in chicago area. it's pretty bad :P

what she said