Enemy Territory: 2 unrelated problems: Wide resolution and system crashes

Being

Another couple of problems I'm afraid.

A few weeks ago I bought a new 27" monitor (1920x1080) and have been experimenting with game resolution. Like many others, I can't find the happy medium and have found that my aiming accuracy has gone down drastically. I used to be a good shot but now I'm not. Can resolution affect accuracy? Surely the centre of the cross-hair doesn't change?

Also, just recently the game crashes my whole system, about twice every couple of hours. Any thoughts please? Where's the crash log?

For what it's worth: Win7 Pro 64bit, 2.80 gigahertz AMD Phenom II X4, ATI Radeon HD 4800, 6Gb RAM, latest game updates, 2Mb ISDN LAN

Cheers.

I had a fourth crash while playing the game. By system crash I mean the computer shut down all of a sudden, no BSOD, just off.

On the last restart I got CHDSK running automatically, I let it run and saw 2 corrupt attribute records (128,"") deleted. When I opened Firefox to get back to this forum to report, FF could not connect to anywhere. I shut it down and played the game again and it ran fine. I have reinstalled FF and guess that it was it running with the game that that caused the crash. Just a theory. I'll play again tomorrow (now 4.30am here!) and if it crashes again I'll get back to you.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Firefox does inject some graphics, there could be a conflict there (i.e. the "Firefox has found updates to your extensions" etc. that overlays over everything, including ET). However, I've never had it cause crashes personally, although I am running XP and not Windows 7.

Firefox does inject some graphics, there could be a conflict there (i.e. the "Firefox has found updates to your extensions" etc. that overlays over everything, including ET). However, I've never had it cause crashes personally, although I am running XP and not Windows 7.

Thanks Brisk,

It may have been FF those times but the crashing has since happened even when FF was closed. I installed GameBooster because I read that it might help, and defragged the ET folder with it. Several files were fragmented which it fixed and since then (touch wood) it hasn't crashed. Apart from one whole day a few days ago when the lag was so bad I couldn't play at all, the game does seem faster now. Interestingly, the lag was really bad on Jay1 but none at all on Jay2.

Cheers.