failed to resolve etguidauth.evenbalance.com

Propie

Good evening, 

I just restarted my career on wolf et, and have a pb issue.

As the title say 'failed to resove etguidauth.evenbalance.com' on the nq1 server. Sometimes i can join the server, for 3-25 minutes it will be fine, then at ones i have connection interrupted, as soon as i do /reconnect, i get again the message in console. Or it is starting strait wenn i try to come online.

I have been googling a bit, and read some topic's on earlier help requests at this forum. What i tried so far:

- reinstall game multiple times and also different disks.

- delete pb and replace files from other site 

- delete all maps from etmain 

- port forward tcp-udp 27950-27970 

- port forward tcp-udp 45301 and 44301 (after running pb check. The port he let show while test is running)

post-19104-0-83497100-1457553970_thumb.png

- manually added C:\Windows\system32\PnkBstrB.exe on allowed programs on avg firewall  after test said that it was not 

- manually added F:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe on allowed programs on avg firewall 

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and add 192.246.40.62 etguidauth.evenbalance.com (hope i did it right please check image)

post-19104-0-52919400-1457554353_thumb.png

- in game console pb_sv_guidauth 0

- in game console pb_enable 1

-/net_port  /net_restart /vid_restart

I hope i overlook something you don't.

Greets, 

Jouke

edit: if someone want to overlook everything i have teamviewer.

Edited by Propie
  • Like 2

Maybe just remove pb folder and then run game an connect to server. (solved my problems with evenbalance) //delete pb and replace files from other site I presume you didn't run game between deleting and replacing.

Are you using 178.63.72.133:27960 or nq1.clan-fa.com:27960?

Can you try connecting to nq1 on different pc using your internet?

Don't have any other ideas, sorry.

I have waited a few days before reply to this. In the morning of your reply i deleted my avg security, and reinstalled it. Since then it only says the message twice wenn i try to connect, after those 2 times it wont come back wenn i am connected to the server.

Anyway thanks for helping me with your suggestion, i will try it as soon as it will come back. But i have hope it will be solved for good :)

• Platinum VIP

looks like I can get on jay 1 with

pb_sv_guidauth 0

net_port 0

net_restart

reconnect.

plus added the ip to hosts.

Notr sure when it didn't work for you, Propie

gonna make a cfg of that to exec when I startup et

• Like 1

Hey Hipkat, 

Good we meet each otter at silent1 server and that we had a chat about it, it strait ring a bell to my issue.And great that it worked for you. 

My problems haven't returned yet, so we all are happy after all :)

• Like 1

Wenn you did all the things you do before you can connect do /writeconfig [configname] wenn you restart the game open console and do /exec [configname] i guess that will work.

example /writeconfig hipkatconnectjay1    /exec hipkatconnectjay1

you only have to do then /exec hipkatconnectjay1 every time before you connect to the jay server, he will auto take your jay config wenn your connected to the jayserver if its the same settings as nq servers

Edited by Propie

• Platinum VIP

Wenn you did all the things you do before you can connect do /writeconfig [configname] wenn you restart the game open console and do /exec [configname] i guess that will work.

example /writeconfig hipkatconnectjay1    /exec hipkatconnectjay1

you only have to do then /exec hipkatconnectjay1 every time before you connect to the jay server, he will auto take your jay config wenn your connected to the jayserver if its the same settings as nq servers

I do exec mycfg as soon as I join. I added the pb_sv_guidauth 0 to my cfg and tried to exec it in console after starting the game but before joining a server and no love.

It's just odd that it's only Jay 1 that gives me this problem

I do exec mycfg as soon as I join. I added the pb_sv_guidauth 0 to my cfg and tried to exec it in console after starting the game but before joining a server and no love.

It's just odd that it's only Jay 1 that gives me this problem

I have it only on nq servers.

The profile you load wenn you are connect to the jay server is a different profile then wenn you start the game.

Also a different profile on nq and silent and other mods.

Try to change the settings wenn you just started et, and save the config as mycfg1.

quit the game, and restart it, and exec mycfg1. Can you connect then strait away?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Platinum VIP

I didn't do it. It seems clearing my cache and cookies, and rebooting my router helps a lot. PLus it's just certain maps or when the server is packed that I get the most lag. Some maps, according to Juice, lag a lot because they're poorly drawn. It made sense when he explained it