OSX Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare.app is damaged and can’t be opened

mandinghino

Hi there mye fellow COD's,

I was going to join one of the F|A COD4 servers to harass peeps when I got this terrifying popup message while launching the application! *WADDAFAK*

post-14866-0-73534800-1447297549_thumb.png

In all these months of playing on the Mac I've never had any problems or crashes until now. Obviously prior to a backup I tried disintalling and resinstalling everything from OSX App Store(I even the resinstalled  the OSX operating system Yosemite) butt it stills gives me this stupid error!

Has anyone else had this problem?!

CHEERS FOR ANY HELP!!!

Hi there mye fellow COD's,

I was going to join one of the F|A COD4 servers to harass peeps when I got this terrifying popup message while launching the application! *WADDAFAK*

attachicon.gifosxcod4error.png

In all these months of playing on the Mac I've never had any problems or crashes until now. Obviously prior to a backup I tried disintalling and resinstalling everything from OSX App Store(I even the resinstalled  the OSX operating system Yosemite) butt it stills gives me this stupid error!

Has anyone else had this problem?!

CHEERS FOR ANY HELP!!!

I've just had the exact same problem today with the same message. The game crashes immediately after startup. Tried lots of things to recover the game but nothing has worked. I have re-installed, recovered via Time Machine, tweaked with audio and video settings etc but no luck. Any help would be great!

Thanks

same happened to me.

If anyone finds a solution, please let me know.

But it seems like we`re not the only ones...

http://support.aspyr.com/hc/en-us/articles/206235646-Recent-Problems-with-AppStore-games-

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/11/12/mac-app-store-apps-damaged-expired-receipts-issue/

Cheers guys! For all the replies. I just recieved an email from aspyr too(like my beloved bro TTfr LOL!) sayhing they are receiving complaints from a lot of users with the same problem so I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem :P

Can't wait until they(aspyr and apple) help us out with this issue. In the meantime I will dream aobut getting random nade kills, my only skills!

PEACE

:spank:wb 

OSX Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare is back online again !!!

Can you believe it was all to do with a friggin certifcate which expired the other day so anybody who downloaded certain apps from the Mac OSX App store sunddenly found they couldn't even use the apps anymore!!! If the app still doesn't work. If you haven't done so uninstall(I know it's annoying butt not as annoying as dingo's ingame chat  :lol: ) the corrupt app then download/reinstall through the App store again. It should work! Well mine did anyway :clap:

PEACE

Lt. Mandinghino

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@mandinghino what version of OS X are you currently running? I'm troubleshooting a similar issue as well.

Hey Lusty buddy how's it going? :D

Sorry for the late reply. I'm using OS X El Capitan 10.11.1 Some people are having issues restoring their profiles butt all I did was make a backup copy of the Call of Duty 4 folder under ~/Library/Application Support/Call of Duty 4 and after completely uninstalling the corrupted Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare.app with AppCleaner and redownloading and installing a new copy from the App Store i created a dummy profile then overwrote the Call of Duty 4 folder under ~/Library/Application Support/Call of Duty 4 with my backup version with no loss of data.

Hope this helps you and others ;-)

PEACE.

Lt. Mandinghino