ET Freeze - Enemy Territory

Night Hunter

hello i can give a little help to players than can have problems with ET when he freeze its a lot of possible causes than can be making the problem here give you a list of solutions

1-make sure of do/have a clean ET Install

2-check your cpu temperature with task manager

3- see on event viewer for possible errors

If continues

4-make sure you have a backup of the files you want to re-use (etkey,config,..).

5-uninstall first Punkbuster and don't forget to delete also the hidden folder after its uninstall in: C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Punkbuster\ET (delete the ET folder only in case you own other games using Punkbuster).

6 -uninstall ET.

7-run CCleaner and clean the registry with the allocated feature for this purpose.

8-reboot your pc.

9- run CCleaner again to make sure nothing of previous ET install was left in the registry. If it's the case repeat the process 7 & 8.

10-re-install ET & Punkbuster. Once finished, don't launch your game yet.

11- copy\past the files you backed up into your fresh install.

12 -copy\past the backup of your etkey into C:\Users\Name\AppData\Local\Punkbuster\ET\etmain.

13-now you can launch your game and load your cfg.

14 -connect on server and try.

If continues

15- Update DirectX and your Chipset, Sound, &Video Drivers:

16- Dust your fans, vents and components using a 1/4" paintbrush and a hose vacuum. Use compressed air for hard to reach places.

Set a housefan to blow cold air into your case to expose an over-

heating issue.. If it works add more fans or replace defective ones.

17- A faulty power supply can cause STOP errors, random reboots,

and black screen lockups. One way to test for that is to check the

wattage sticker on your power supply and then calculate your need

(Min. 350 for gaming)

18- Test your RAM using a Ram tester....

its all for now if after all this the problems continues please let me know and then il do a more extense tutorial about this.....

thanks for watching and for your time im open to suggestions

thank you....

Edited by Fearless Staff

• 1 month later...

some guys ask me for hard freeze including Windows im working on an extense tutorial and a second for Windows im bussy with recruiting but  i hope uploadit here soon

Add in the 1st part of your tuto how to unhide AppData folder like described here: http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/20764-enemy-territory-auto-pk3-cleaner/page-2?do=findComment&comment=527650 because in this one: http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/63121-enemy-territory-hard-freeze/?do=findComment&comment=551482  I did not mentioned it and it might help those who don't know where to find it or how to do. :D

• Like 1