War Thunder User Skins - War Thunder

Kat0n

Patch 1.39 brought a new feature to the game : the possibility to create the skins of your planes yourself. Hope this topic will help you to handle the new feature.

First of all, you must now that user skins can't be seen in-game by other players.

If you want to get a customized skin, you have 2 possibilities :

- either you create it yourself using Photoshop (personally downloaded CS2 version which is free) and templates downloaded from the game

- or you download skins realized by other players here and use them for your own planes

How to create a skin

1) Download a template from the game 

To do that : Select your plane => Customization => Click a little icon to dl the template (cf pic below)

Your template was saved in the folder "UserSkins" in WT folder.

post-5677-0-85668800-1398459831_thumb.jpg

2) When you download the template, a folder named "template_plane name" will appear in your "user skins" folder. This template folder contains three or five files : one BLK file you must not modify nor delete and 2 or 4 TGA files, one file containing template of the undamaged plane and one containing template of the damaged plane (if it contains 4 tga files, ie 2 damaged and 2 undamaged, just use the files whose names end with "_c" and not "_n", but don't delete those "_n" files, they may be important.)

Important : If you want to create a skin, you must modify both damaged and undamaged template. If you only modify the undamaged template, when you will play in-game the plane skin will go back to standard if the plane get damaged. Or, to be more exact, the damaged part of the plane will go back to standard skin while the undamaged part of the plane will remain customized, and trust me, that's ugly.

post-5677-0-00102800-1398460071_thumb.jpg

3) Open your template with Photoshop (you can download it here, you have to create an account first but it's free and doesn't take long) 

File => Open... => select template, it must look like that (cf SS below, undamaged and damaged)

post-5677-0-09191900-1398459817_thumb.jpg

post-5677-0-05761800-1398459802_thumb.jpg

4) Use Photoshop to modify your planes, I fear I'm not skilled enough to make you a Photoshop tutorial

5) Save your work and select your custom skin in-game (select the plane => customization => select user skin => select your skin)

How to download a skin from WT website 

1) Download the folder containing modified templates from WT website and put them into your "User Skins" folder. Make sure both undamaged and damaged templates are here...if BLK file is missing just download a template from the game and copy past the modified TGA files you downloaded from WT website in the folder created by downloading templates from the game.

2) Select your custom skin in-game and enjoy (cf above). You can always thank the guy who posted his work on WT website and let you dl it for free :) (trust me, some skins required hours of work)

Ask me if you have questions, may have forgotten things or was possibly confusing. Have fun!

• Like 3