CK's Rig

CruelKind

Manufacturer

Custom

Processor

Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz (1366 Socket) (8 Core)/Corsair Hydro Series H70 Liquid CPU Cooler

Memory

12288MB RAM

Hard Drive

10 TB = 5 x 2.0TB SATA HDD's

Motherboard

ASUS Sabertooth X58

Operating System

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.101026-1503)

Video

Video Card

AMD Radeon HD 6950

Monitor

Gateway FHD2400 (24") 1080 HDMI Display

Sound

Sound Card

AMD High Definition Audio

Speakers/Headset

Logitech Surround Sound/Tritton AX 180

Peripherals

Keyboard

Steelseries Merc Stealth

Mouse

Madcatz M.M.O. 7

Mouse Surface

Cyborg V.5 17" Gaming Surface Aluminum Mouse Pad

Computer Case

CoolerMaster 922 HAF

• 2 weeks later...

what the heck do u do with 10 TB of space?

i got a 200gb SSD + 1TB HDD in and about 900GB free :-D

but i stuff all my data to a NAS with 6TB ;-)

but there u go: 1tb SSD

Edited by Jacker

what the heck do u do with 10 TB of space?

i got a 200gb SSD + 1TB HDD in and about 900GB free :-D

but i stuff all my data to a NAS with 6TB ;-)

but there u go: 1tb SSD

For now, I will never spend that much for a SSD. 1TB is also to much, Get just around the 200-250GB and just install your OS and games you REALLY play much, Mostly those games which requires much and long loading,

Battlefield for example. :)

Ummm :embrass  might I suggest this ...

compressed-air-can1.jpg

otherwise nice rig  :clap:  ... did you ever try and see IF your HD-6950 could UNLOCK to a 6970 (the extra shaders) ... mine did, I could show you how  :google

I'd like to know how if you could share please :D

I'd like to know how if you could share please :D

Well first off ... WHAT AMD HD-6950 graphics card do you have exactly ? We need to find out if it's an original reference edition card, or a Vendors card that has the Dual BIOS installed on the card already ... IF it's NOT either of these, you  may be SOL ?

So what make and model number card do you own ? __________________________________________

I run a couple of owner groups over on OCN ... http://www.overclock.net/  ... one of them is my TOXIC HD-6950/70 graphics card group, and I have LOTS of info in my MAIN 1st post about it  =  http://www.overclock.net/t/1149079/showthread.php?s=bd8d1313c09af4210eda3f9b5ad8a046&t=1149079

Originally Posted by LA_Kings_Fan

Step #1 - Install the card, turn on your computer and windows will most likely install the current driver before you can even install the CD software that came with the card.

Step #2 - You can install the CD software, but to be honest the WIN 7 driver the system auto loads for you should work too, so you could skip to Step 3 I guess ?

Step #3 - With things running, install GPU-Z and/or TriXX software or both ... then open the programs to review the Factory defaults of your card, note shaders and Core clocks etc.

Step #4 - In GPU-Z or TriXX SAVE your factory BIOS of the card. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. You might just need it in case something goes wrong and need to reinstall the factory BIOS file in case position #2 Unlocked BIOS FAILS, and flipping the switch back to position #1 won't reload the original BIOS for some reason. THIS shouldn't happen, but better SAFE and SAVED than sorry and SOL.
 {Note: If you don't know HOW to save the BIOS, in GPU-Z you click on the Little GREEN Arrow to the far Right of the BIOS version number}

Step #5 - Shut Down Windows and turn off your Computer.

Step #6 - FLIP the little Dual BIOS switch near the back plate / SLI Bridge area to position #2. 

328x152px-LL-653cef2f_15-1.jpeg

Step #7 - Turn on Computer and reboot up.

Step #8 - Re-open TriXX and/or GPU-Z and check your Shaders ... if it's 1536, CONGRATS your card UNLOCKED and you have a HD-6970 now no BIOS FLASH required it's ON the card from Sapphire ... if it's still 1408, Bummer dude no Factory Un-Lock , you could still then try FLASHING it to Unlock it, but YES this can be slightly risky and CAN void your warranty if you BRICK the card by Flashing it, most likely you have a card that Will NOT unlock, remember it's NOT 100% Guaranteed.

BEFORE .......... VS. .......... AFTER *

before.gifafter.gif

(* NoteThese GPU-Z Screen shoots are NOT from a Sapphire HD-6950 TOXIC Card.)

600x207px-LL-b74be227_PowerColor6950Pg3.

Some Other good links about UNLOCKING a 6950 into a 6970 ...

( I suggest you READ UP ON IT A LOT before attempting anything, and if you have more questions or need more help just pm Me  B) )

The 6950 to 6970 unlock threadThanks to ~Strawberry~

How to: Unlock the shaders on a reference 6950 2GB (noob tut), Thanks to fibre_optics

AMD Radeon HD 6950 to HD 6970 ModThanks to TechPowerUp.com

How To: Flash 6950 to 6970 GuideThanks to Senator

Radeon HD 6950 shader unlock instructionsThanks to TomsHardware.com

Stock vs Unlocked HD 6950 Benchmark Testing, Thanks to compudaze

6950: Shaders Unlocked vs Full Unlocked Tested , Thanks to WorldExclusive

How To: Un-Brick Your Bricked Graphics Card/Fix a Failed BIOS FlashThanks to Core2uu

Edited by LA_Kings_Fan
  • Like 1